rewiring 1990 206

im looking to tackle rewiring my entire boat. 1990 gambler 206. im sick of old messy birds nests of wires.. corrosion.. crap that isnt even connected to anything. thinking of buying one of the basic 12 slot fuse blocks with the grounding block built in. run a nice thick gauge wire from the battery to the block under my console and then create a harness to go out to everything else.. very simple and neat. maybe make myself a wiring diagram as well.

any tips from guys who have done this. ideas to simplify the system maybe overlooked easily?

where can i get some larger spools of wire in different colors so i can keep track of what everything goes too.

I have thought about doing the same thing and don't have any advice, but I do know Harbor Freight sell a large kit with spools of all different sizes and colors of wire that is very affordable. You can always get a 20% off coupon and a free item to go with it that's the only help I have for you. I will say don't use any of their electrical tape or butt connectors but wire is fine I've used it for a lot of projects

3. Member
    I started to buy the stuff and do mine but never got around to it.you can buy 12 different colors of wire of eBay for a reasonable price.
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"

4. Member
    Did you ever complete your rewiring? My son recently bought an Intimidator and the wiring is a mess and we are going to rewire just looking for some tips.
    Bass Boat