Thread: advice in NC!!

advice in NC!!

So im very new to bass fishing in the rivers. I live in Greenville NC and I have been going to the Neuse river on Vanceboro. I’ve always been a beat the bank kinda fisherman, but with the heat and the shallow water I’m not having much luck in the creeks. Should I be fishing the main river banks or what? Deep diving cranks? Any advice on bass fishing rivers in the summer is appreciated!

2. Member
    . Tight lips in NC.
    Spro = If you throw it, they will come!!!

3. Member
    If you are fishing river, look for current in river or creeks. Fish will always be shallow unless the water is way low, even then there will still be shallow fish. If you aren’t catching hem, try other areas. River fishing is more about spots than patterns a lot of the time

4. Member
    My experience is there is always a resident population of fish in larger creeks but most fish will move out of them after the spawn and spend the summer in the river. Most river fish are shallow but you can find some on a steep drop with cover if the current isn’t too strong.Like Chris said,river fishing is more about spots than a pattern. About the only pattern to true river fishing like Neuse and Tar is the mouth of creeks and ditches. When the fish do that you can run ditches all day and catch them but they ain’t always there either. Good luck.

5. Member
    get in the main river or the mouth of the creeks. Inside bends are good and some of the shallow ledges next to pads where channel is close produce. Like Rip said, there are always some resident fish there but the numbers are in the main river. Creeks and ditches will be good in winter and early spring.