Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    I bet your signature changes soon!

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatshaft Merc View Post
    Genesis 1:29

29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.
    The OP seems to imply that the Old Testament gives permission to grow marijuana. I stated that it would be a poor source of food. The verse simply says any herb bearing seed or tree yielding fruit may be used for food. I just think marijuana would be a poor source of food, maybe I am wrong. Drive by? Seemed pretty clear.

3. Banned

4. Member
    Good luck to you!
    Ranger 520vx Yamaha 225 ox66.

5. Member
    Lots of people are making money hand over fist on those crops, competition is always good for the market. Good luck.

6. Member
    So, buy weed stocks. CRON, APHQF, ACBFF, etc.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hugo_stiglitz View Post
    Well I guess I misunderstood. I honestly thought the OP was talking about marijuana. If he is planning on growing hemp and harvesting the seed for food product and oil production then that particular verse, though pre Levitical, could legitimately be used as a name. After the seeds are harvested the plant has many industrial uses including animal feed. As I said if we are talking hemp, I stand corrected.

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gehol View Post
    Well I guess I misunderstood. I honestly thought the OP was talking about marijuana. If he is planning on growing hemp and harvesting the seed for food product and oil production then that particular verse, though pre Levitical, could legitimately be used as a name. After the seeds are harvested the plant has many industrial uses including animal feed. As I said if we are talking hemp, I stand corrected.
    They're the same plant. Whatever can be done with hemp can be done with Marijuana. Only difference is in the amounts of THC. Some medicinal MJ is quite low THC and the seeds could be used just like hemp seeds and no one would know the difference. I doubt that high THC MJ seed would differ greatly from hemp in THC content, if there was much THC in the seed people wouldn't gripe about it being in their bud.

Point is there's lots of uses besides just getting stoned and one of those is food.

Hoo-baby! Nothing like chowing down on a bowl of MJ seeds!

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hugo_stiglitz View Post
    They're the same plant. Whatever can be done with hemp can be done with Marijuana. Only difference is in the amounts of THC. Some medicinal MJ is quite low THC and the seeds could be used just like hemp seeds and no one would know the difference. I doubt that high THC MJ seed would differ greatly from hemp in THC content, if there was much THC in the seed people wouldn't gripe about it being in their bud.

Point is there's lots of uses besides just getting stoned and one of those is food.
    https://ministryofhemp.com/hemp/not-marijuana/ .
    https://www.leafscience.com/2014/09/...emp-marijuana/
    https://www.cbdweb.org/medical-canna...na-vs-cannabis

And the list goes on.
    Many are under the misconception they are the same plant.
    They are both of the family: Cannabaceae
    Marijuana is Cannabis Sativa L.
    Hemp is Cannabis L

They look different, are grown different and are chemically different. You can't make rope or canvas or pet food or paper from Marijuana and you can't get high from hemp.
    You would think I would be smart enough to not get into these discussions. I don't care one way or the other about Marijuana or Hemp. I just don't like false information being put out even if it is from an honest misunderstanding. I am through, believe anything you like.
    Last edited by gehol; 07-15-2018 at 06:45 PM.

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gehol View Post
    https://ministryofhemp.com/hemp/not-marijuana/ .
    https://www.leafscience.com/2014/09/...emp-marijuana/
    https://www.cbdweb.org/medical-canna...na-vs-cannabis

And the list goes on.
    Many are under the misconception they are the same plant.
    They are both of the family: Cannabaceae
    Marijuana is Cannabis Sativa L.
    Hemp is Cannabis L

They look different, are grown different and are chemically different. You can't make rope or canvas or pet food or paper from Marijuana and you can't get high from hemp.
    You would think I would be smart enough to not get into these discussions. I don't care one way or the other about Marijuana or Hemp. I just don't like false information being put out even if it is from an honest misunderstanding. I am through, believe anything you like.
    They both are derivative strains of cannabis sativa. Yes they have differing characteristics but they are essentially the same plant. The corn we eat has been selectively bred by humans to its current form today, but it is still the same grass plant that was first used by native Americans even though it looks radically different and provides 50 times more food than the wild grass that we wouldn't even recognize as being the genetic ancestor of corn.

12. Member
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL Pro
    2023 Pro XS 250
    Lowrance Ghost
    Lowrance HDS 12 Live
    Lowrance HDS 12 Live
    Dual CM2 8' Blades

Tow Vehicle
    2022 GMC AT4 3500 HD Crew Cab Duramax
    2008 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins

pot head

I'd grow it if it was legal, have no desire to use it however.
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere

The word meat in that verse means more than just food, and when translated back to Hebrew, has a definition of sustenance, or for our use. There's a little more depth to the understanding of that verse than what's on the surface.

You can't just read the words on the paper, you have to study the Word to gain a full understanding. There are a lot of seed bearing herbs that are used every day in medicine that are not eaten, now marijuana is one of them too.
    Last edited by Fatshaft Merc; 07-15-2018 at 11:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gthunter5 View Post
    I bet your signature changes soon!

17. Member
    Legal or illegal it's all about money. If it was just legal as in "grown your own", wouldn't be any money for the politician and the lobbyist, so it's gonna be illegal or only semilegal for a long time to come.

Do you think once that it becomes legal recreationally all over that you'll be able to sustain your operations? Do you think some of the big pharma or tobacco or ag companies will buy up the startups and push small growers out? Or is that part of the plan; get the operation started, then when it gets going sell to a big company and ride off to bank cha ching style?
    He/him
    Kayak fishing in a Native Slayer Max 12.5
    Lowrance Elite 9 ti2

19. Banned
    If it's a sound investment good luck. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by rds_nc View Post
    Do you think once that it becomes legal recreationally all over that you'll be able to sustain your operations? Do you think some of the big pharma or tobacco or ag companies will buy up the startups and push small growers out? Or is that part of the plan; get the operation started, then when it gets going sell to a big company and ride off to bank cha ching style?
    Actually, I'll probably be out before that transpires. There are already several billion dollar MMJ empires out there and they're growing bigger every day. I don't think big pharma will have much impact mmj. Nobody wants 'em involved. MMJ will stand alone. I believe the "small guys" will be bought out by bigger mmj sharks instead of big pharma. But I'm a novice.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast