Thread: Cut golf balls

Cut golf balls

Got a dozen of the Cut balls to try out. What ball do these compare to?

I'm trying to figure what ball they compare too also. Just a so-so ball.
    1996 ProCraft 185 DC Pro, Mercury EFI 150

3. Member
    No idea.
    Pro V’s for most of the last 10 years. Switched to chrome Calloway after Phil won with them.
    i really like their feel and they are tough with good spin control.

What are cut balls?

Are you referring to balls that have a cut on them because I have no idea why you'd want to use those.

Quote Originally Posted by cart7 View Post
    What are cut balls?

Are you referring to balls that have a cut on them because I have no idea why you'd want to use those.
    It's a new independent ball company thats sells balls for cheap. $21 plus shipping. They have 4 piece urethane, 3 piece urethane, 3 piece surlyn, and I think 2 piece surlyn https://www.cutgolfco.com
    1996 ProCraft 185 DC Pro, Mercury EFI 150

6. T Dub
    I was considering trying one of these new ball companies this year to save some money, but found out a friend of mine gets Titleist at wholesale. If his connection ever dries up I’d like to try Cut and Vice balls.

7. Indiana Bass Club Moderator sc419795's Avatar
    I have played ProVs for years. Finally did a little research on spin. I am pretty tall so have a steep swing putting the ball up in the air quite a bit. Any type of wind conditions really affect my ball flight so I decided to try a different ball. Bought 12 of the TaylorMade Super Deep balls. On the charts they are listed as a low spin ball. I have to say, so far I am impressed. Now - they don't stop on a dime with approach shots like the ProVs do. But they have a decent feel and I do feel I am not seeing as much impact from wind on the ball moving left or right from spin. i also don't feel that much of a difference with my putter. Still have a bit of a soft feel to them. They are a hard ball - give you that. Going to play the rest of the dozen and keep seeing if I like them. So far, have to say I would buy another dozen.
    Steve
    2006 Sylvan Expedition Sport
    2006 Yamaha F150 TXR s/n 63P L 1041829

8. Member
    That is the fun part of testing equipment that is different for each player. Enjoy and report the rest of your 12!