Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Both on my MG and the Ultrex, the props are not "balanced"....i know they are plastic but with technology these days they should be able to make a prop that is close to being "balanced".............
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 17z20 View Post
    Hmm I stumbled across this thread and I'm having a slight vibration also on my 80lb ultrex, I was thinking it was just something that I had no control of... hmm now you all got me thinking mine might be screwed up also... I'll have to take it off and see if mine looks like yours. Thanks for this thread!
    It's a little offset.... should I call them?
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    my prop that came with my 80 pound ultrex had a terrible vibration, I bought a second one and this one still has a little however it went from like 80 percent to about 15..still not perfect but usable.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Billwahoo View Post
    Are there other props besides the MinnKota props for a 112 Ultrex? I have two props and both vibrate. I have no confidence that a 3rd prop from MK would be better.
    If you have two different props vibrating then I would try a new one or barrow one from a buddy just to see if it vibrates also. If it does I would look at the prop shaft if you have not already and see if it wobbles. If it does then you need a new armature. You can put any after market prop you want on your troll motor. Remember if it is under warranty and something happens it will void the warranty. Minn Kota is very clear about that. Bite the bullet and try another Minn Kota prop.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    my prop that came with my 80 pound ultrex had a terrible vibration, I bought a second one and this one still has a little however it went from like 80 percent to about 15..still not perfect but usable.
    One thing that annoys me about the small amount of vibration, is that the head vibrates and the wire coil just slightly touches the head and it makes this squeak when the head is pointed in certain directions.... it drives me nuts lol. I actually raised the shaft a lil bit and it deadened the squeak a lil but it's still annoying, I think I'll call mk tomorrow, after thinking about how much this thing costs.... it should be flawless.

6. Member
    Howdy,

I can tell you that my boat cover can warp a prop, presumably from heat and pressure. It's a black cover and gets pretty hot and, with the trolling motor on the front, the pressure will warp it. It also does this to my plexiglass windshield. Try a prop cover or removing it when you trailer (assuming you use a cover).

Take care,

Ruddiger

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 17z20 View Post
    It's a little offset.... should I call them?
    Not sure what the blue dot is in the middle, but if you're talking about the washer being off center, it is like this on all. The washer doesn't go over the shaft, but over the threads and when you tighten the bolt it moves the washer.
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

8. Member
    I just bought a replacement prop for my 112 Ultrex and it vibrates like hell now. Do they respond when you call MK about this?

Steve Dyer
    Mt. Pleasant, NC

9. Member
    They will tell you to try a different prop. I would bring it back to where you bought it from. Swap it out.
    If you bought this on line at a non BBC sponsor like Amazon or E-bay you may run into this problem.

10. Member
    Bought it back in Oct for a spare off Amazon so there is no returning it. After some research I ordered a Kipiawa, but it's only for looking at because I know my warrenty will be voided shoudl I use ANYTHING other than MK. How dare anyone make a TM prop but them. You'd think making so many they could get one that actually had a hole in the true center, or was balanced.

Steve Dyer
    Mt. Pleasant, NC

My 80 lb also had a significant vibration. I had to take the one off my MAXXUM If Minn Kota does a fix or recall, I will send the one off my Ultrex in. Only ran it a couple hours .

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

12. Banned
    Kipawa tri-blade
    The best $40 you will ever spend on trolling

And no I am not affiliated with Kipawa.
    I just use and lv them

13. Member
    I found a washer that was just about .003 dia. over prop shaft size , and that fixed my slight vib. on a 80#

14. Member
    Had Same problem with prop ! it was definitely “ way out of balance!.... called Minn Kota “ new prop on the way ! see if I get a good one?

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman920 View Post
    Had Same problem with prop ! it was definitely “ way out of balance!.... called Minn Kota “ new prop on the way ! see if I get a good one?
    How was the new prop? Did it fix it?

16. Member
    New props fix the new issues? Mine vibrates terribly on a new unit.

17. Member
    New prop they sent “ cured about 80% of vibration!.... much better!..

18. Member
    thanks! thats good to know.. mine is bad above 7 so I'll give them a call

19. Member
    Just returned 2 for fortrex 112 to BP's for same issue.

20. Member
    I know this post is a year old, but I have been having a vibration in my ultrex ever since I bought it. I found this thread and checked the prop on my TM. It is definitely mis drilled. Called Minn Kota and they are sending me a new prop. Interesting enough, they acted like I was the first person to ever complain about this issue. I told them they should check the forums, it’s evidently a common problem.
    X

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast