Thread: Fury 4 or Bravo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Fury 4 or Bravo

If you could buy only one 4 blade prop for your 721 with a 4 stroke outboard regardless of outboard brand "SHO, Verado, Honda, Suzuki" what would it be?? If you say Bravo what Bravo because they make 3 Bravo's and 4 strokes don't need PVS holes??

2. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    the bravo FS is meant for the Four Stroke, it does have 4 holes that come factory plugged with solid plugs but still there for fine tuning
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    the bravo FS is meant for the Four Stroke, it does have 4 holes that come factory plugged with solid plugs but still there for fine tuning
    cool I got it so the FS stands for four stroke. Do you prefer it over the Fury 4?

4. Member
    I would like to try the fury 4 on the sho. I ran the bravo and while it is fast, i didn't like the overall ride it gave the boat

The fury 4 is an awesome prop - I’ve ran a bunch and it’s the best I’ve found.
    2024 Phoenix 21 XE - Mercury 250 PRO XS Serial #3B429919
    2017 Phoenix PHX 21 - Yamaha 250 SHO
    2010 Skeeter 20i - Yamaha 250 SHO
    1988 Procraft 1780 Competitor - Mercury 100

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    I would like to try the fury 4 on the sho. I ran the bravo and while it is fast, i didn't like the overall ride it gave the boat
    Fury 4 on my 721 rode like a wooden wagon

7. Member
    Bravo XS for me. No question.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by caddyjoe77 View Post
    Bravo XS for me. No question.
    You run a XS on a 4 stroke? If so what model boat and do you plug all 8 holes?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GEEBASS2000 View Post
    You run a XS on a 4 stroke? If so what model boat and do you plug all 8 holes?
    indeed sir. Bravo XS 26. All 8 holes are plugged. 2018 21 PHX with a 250 Verado. Holeshot is actually better raising the JP up. For example, I have a Bob's 6". I thought I was great at 5" but it works even better at 6". Once I come over I lower the motor to about 5" and water pressure stays where it should be. I get 20 + at WOT.

Hope this helps.

Truth be told, I wasnt 100 percent on the Bravo before I bought it. I went with the XS over the FS strictly for resale purposes.

10. Member
    Did the Bravo not lift bow in ruff water?

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GEEBASS2000 View Post
    Did the Bravo not lift bow in ruff water?
    Not enough I dont think. It's a weird ride. With a t1 the ride is soft thru the waves, with the bravo it just bashed thru them.

12. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Not enough I dont think. It's a weird ride. With a t1 the ride is soft thru the waves, with the bravo it just bashed thru them.
    Opposite for me with the stock Bravo 1 xs - 26 pitch on my 921/sho. It lifts great and I run it high, but when I'm alone, full gas & gear for 2, I still hit the rev limiter at 6180+ rpms. Even in this heat, with water temps at 82 and up, I hit 74.4, 4 days ago. It's perfect if I have a co angler tho. I believe I need a 27 pitch, maybe have croxton work it up a half pitch first.
    I also have it all plugged, but 2 small holed plugs in for holeshot. I don't have to take off with jack plate up that way. Open holes do not effect top end, only help holeshot.
    I have not tried the Fury 4. I'm staying with the Bravo, just need it pitched right.
    T1-25 is awesome prop as well, but a little slower than my Bravo 1 xs 26 pitch. Both handle waves well on my boat. All set ups differ per boat.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fidgetcranker View Post
    Opposite for me with the stock Bravo 1 xs - 26 pitch on my 921/sho. It lifts great and I run it high, but when I'm alone, full gas & gear for 2, I still hit the rev limiter at 6180+ rpms. Even in this heat, with water temps at 82 and up, I hit 74.4, 4 days ago. It's perfect if I have a co angler tho. I believe I need a 27 pitch, maybe have croxton work it up a half pitch first.
    I also have it all plugged, but 2 small holed plugs in for holeshot. I don't have to take off with jack plate up that way. Open holes do not effect top end, only help holeshot.
    I have not tried the Fury 4. I'm staying with the Bravo, just need it pitched right.
    T1-25 is awesome prop as well, but a little slower than my Bravo 1 xs 26 pitch. Both handle waves well on my boat. All set ups differ per boat.
    granted I dont have an SHO, but I was also considering a 27 Bravo to try out on my Verado/21 PHX. I feel like there is more....

14. Member
    I run bravo xs..... but if I had a four stroke I would still run a bravo xs and just plug the holes....bravo xs will sale faster than a bravo FS in my opinion....

15. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wall View Post
    I run bravo xs..... but if I had a four stroke I would still run a bravo xs and just plug the holes....bravo xs will sale faster than a bravo FS in my opinion....
    That is why I bought a Bravo 1 XS for my sho

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by caddyjoe77 View Post
    indeed sir. Bravo XS 26. All 8 holes are plugged. 2018 21 PHX with a 250 Verado. Holeshot is actually better raising the JP up. For example, I have a Bob's 6". I thought I was great at 5" but it works even better at 6". Once I come over I lower the motor to about 5" and water pressure stays where it should be. I get 20 + at WOT.

Hope this helps.

Truth be told, I wasnt 100 percent on the Bravo before I bought it. I went with the XS over the FS strictly for resale purposes.
    What numbers with the bravo? I hit 74 with a 25p fury 3 in 75 degree water today.

Ive been running the Bravo XS on multiple boats and different motors for years...Overall the best prop IMO. Especially out of the box.

For the guys considering working the prop for a load/ 2 guys on tournament day. Just get two props. One for solo running and one for full tournament load and 2 guys.

Ive always ran two props for a reason. You will always sacrifice something depending on max load vs normal load.

There was a time when I only had one prop, and it was my fastest Ive had. When in a tournament with 2 and livewells full....I had a slow holeshot, but I pushed 75 on a regular basis. At that time it was a bit frustrating coming out of the hole, but I had no problem getting to where I was going.

I did drop down 1.5 pitches to a "tournament load" prop and I slowed to about 72/73 loaded down with 2, but I could get out of the hole much easier.

19. Member
    Are you guys running the bravo on a 721 sho with 4 31s and blades or talons ? Im really struggling to find a good prop. I ran a 25 T1 that would only push me to 70mph loaded with decent hole shot. I hit a rock with that prop and put on a 26fxp but can only get 68-69 mph at 5600 rpm with aweful hole shot. I have an opportunity to try a 25p fury 4 next week. Not sure if it's worth fixing my 25 T1 non vented .

Has anyone ran both the Fury 4 and the Bravo 1 XS on a 921 w/SHO? If so, results please....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast