Guide Recommendation?

I will be in Rochester the week of Sept 27th and am looking for guide recommendations. I love bass, but am not opposed to other fish, I just want big fish! I catch and release everything.

Thanks in advance.

-Tony
    2000 Nitro 901 CDX
    2000 Mercury Optimax 200 - Serial Number 0T090056

6th Sense Custom Lures
    Pure Fishing
    The Rod Glove

2. Member
    Rochester guides are typically Salmon and Trout. Still can be fun if you get into them.

Make the Turn Charter is one to look at. I am not sure how the salmon are in September, they might already be making the trip up the river. If you give him a call I am sure he would let you know if its worth it or not.

If you really wanna get into Smallmouth (highly recommended) make the Hour drive to Buffalo and do a charter from Erie. This will be a good time for sure.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dmackaravitz View Post

If you really wanna get into Smallmouth (highly recommended) make the Hour drive to Buffalo and do a charter from Erie. This will be a good time for sure.
    Especially with a 20mph w/sw wind!
    Last edited by NOTGSXR; 08-04-2018 at 11:40 PM.
    Allison XB21 Prosport Mercury Racing 250XS with a 1.75 Sporty

4. Member
    If staying right around Rochester, look up Alex Kolody Guide Service. He is a great guy and guides multi species. https://fishingbooker.com/charters/view/10976
    Willing to drive a bit for a day and hit Oneida or Chaumont/Ontario for some crazy smallie fishing, look up Bill Lortz. Another great guy and one hell of a guide. http://www.nynorthcountrybassin.com/

5. Member
    Get ahold of Jim Fonzi.... Buffalo, Dunkirk, and Barcelona.