Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NOTGSXR View Post
    No.... a good friend of mine.... and he was told others had similar problems.
    Oh. the old my good friend who heard from others type of deal
    Livin the dream
    2013 Legend 211
    250 Pro Xs

2. Member
    There are a few alpha 211s that have had transom failure I know of. Last weekend my dealerships personal boat experienced failure. Said he co told him to stop and after they idled back to the ramp and trailered they could move the motor up and down by hand. Said is was about 1 1/2"-2" worth of play. All company's have these tho. There is no brand immune to this.

Quote Originally Posted by thedude View Post
    to date i've not met someone who hasn't had warranty work done on a nitro they bought new. And most of them have been in multiple times - this was my experience also. (and i'm not talking about insignificant stuff, structural issues, transom cracks, top cap delams/seperation, electrical issues and so on). We have a lot of them around here, being near one of the largest dealers in the country. The dealer is great, i have a great relationship with them and they did service my old boat after i moved 300 miles from the original dealer.

Safer? - i'd never own a nitro out of warranty. period. I will (and do) own a legend that is out of warranty. When looking at a boat where you know you are on the hook for paying for any issues - i'd like one that wasn't just hacked together and shipped off. Could my boat have issues? absolutely - they all can, but as i weigh that in my decision to purchase a used boat, why would buy one that scrapes the bottom of the barrel in terms of quality off the factory line. So i'm not talking about safer because its under warranty or there's dealer around to help you - i'm talking about safer in that you'll have fewer catastrophic and costly issues you have to pay to fix. In terms of depreciation, i'm surprised you can even give away a used nitro with no warranty - whereas i think people will still pay good money for a good used legend because its actually well made.
    the first line is the stupidest thing i have read, my piece of shit merc gets service, but not my 2015 z8, yes i had to add a smudge of carpet glue to the rod ramp but holy smokes white river wouldnt make money if every singe boat had to go back to the dealer!
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HokieV20 View Post
    There are a few alpha 211s that have had transom failure I know of. Last weekend my dealerships personal boat experienced failure. Said he co told him to stop and after they idled back to the ramp and trailered they could move the motor up and down by hand. Said is was about 1 1/2"-2" worth of play. All company's have these tho. There is no brand immune to this.
    So far no Allison's have had a transom failure in 30+ years..
    Last edited by NOTGSXR; 08-04-2018 at 08:50 PM.
    Allison XB21 Prosport Mercury Racing 250XS with a 1.75 Sporty

sure they do. half the time the dealer has to pay for that shit just so they don't look bad. nitro is absolute, bottom of the barrel, mass produced garbage. They are the harbor freight of boat brands. Does "EVERY" boat have problems? no, of course not. But the law of averages certainly isn't in your favor and i can say from first hand experience, they'll save their money by bending you over.

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

7. Member
    I have a 2009 Nitro Z7. Never been back to Tracker Marine or any Nitro dealership for a single warranty issue. I keep this boat on a large, stump-filled east Texas lake, so it has seen some pretty hellish duty over the past 9 or 10 years. Mine has been a good one. I had wanted to move to Legend for my next boat (I buy a new one every 10 years), but I'm hearing that's not happening. I see tons of Legends on this lake, nice boats.

8. Member
    sure they do. half the time the dealer has to pay for that shit just so they don't look bad. nitro is absolute, bottom of the barrel, mass produced garbage. They are the harbor freight of boat brands. Does "EVERY" boat have problems? no, of course not. But the law of averages certainly isn't in your favor and i can say from first hand experience, they'll save their money by bending you over.
    Bash Bash Bash
    I guess you don't remember Quantum Boats
    Carpet over bare plywood.
    Live well lids made of plywood.
    Nitro has come a long way from 30 years ago.
    Maybe not a top pick but not
    a bass tracker.
    No I don't own a Nitro.
    But I drive a Ford so ?

9. Member
    This topic is like a meeting at work that has no value what so ever....

I just bought an old Legend and would only sell it or trade it for a newer legend. A friend just paid $10k for a 30 year old Champion... it all comes down to who wants it and how much they are willing to pay for it.

10. Member
    to date i've not met someone who hasn't had warranty work done on a nitro they bought new. And most of them have been in multiple times - this was my experience also. (and i'm not talking about insignificant stuff, structural issues, transom cracks, top cap delams/seperation, electrical issues and so on). We have a lot of them around here, being near one of the largest dealers in the country. The dealer is great, i have a great relationship with them and they did service my old boat after i moved 300 miles from the original dealer.

Safer? - i'd never own a nitro out of warranty. period. I will (and do) own a legend that is out of warranty. When looking at a boat where you know you are on the hook for paying for any issues - i'd like one that wasn't just hacked together and shipped off. Could my boat have issues? absolutely - they all can, but as i weigh that in my decision to purchase a used boat, why would buy one that scrapes the bottom of the barrel in terms of quality off the factory line. So i'm not talking about safer because its under warranty or there's dealer around to help you - i'm talking about safer in that you'll have fewer catastrophic and costly issues you have to pay to fix. In terms of depreciation, i'm surprised you can even give away a used nitro with no warranty - whereas i think people will still pay good money for a good used legend because its actually well made.
    To let you know that I had a 2010 Z8 that had no problems at all. There were no stress cracks of any kind on it, no structural issues. More than likely there are plenty running on the lakes across this country with no problems same as the one I purchased it new and owned for 8 years it is a great boat and will be for many years to come. How about the other brands out there that you and I both know that have their problems also. A lot of people just like to bash Tracker Marine and Nitro boats.
    2019 Bass Cat Eyra
    Mercury 250 Pro SX
    4 Stroke 2B591496

11. Banned
    Nitro gets a bad rep because at one time there where absolute sh#t, they make good boat now, I looked at new Tritons and Nitros at a dealer recently and the Nitro's looked way nicer actually.

12. Member
    Nitro may be a junkie boat to some people but winning extra money for running one is pretty nice. I've been paying the payments with the rewards money. Can't complain about that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12