Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Legend Boat Depreciation

So how much percentage wise do you think Legend owners have loss due to the shutting down of Legend Boats?

I read many positive comments about the brand, fit, finish, layout etc and very little negativity until the now with the shutting down.

Anyone want to pay high retail a 2016 V-21?

2. Member
    Honestly, I think they will start going down in price. They dont seem to have the big following that champion did which is what drives their price. That's only if they dont keep building the v20. I think they are going to rebadge them

3. Member
    I think they will dip in the short term and then eventually start trending back up once everyone moves past the panic and anger.

with the rising cost of new boats reaching 70-80k, i think used boats in the 30+ range are becoming more realistic. I think spending 30-40k on a used legend with no waranty is a far safer investment than buying say a nitro or triton with no warranty if they are selling for the same price or even a few grand less.

5. Banned
    Warranty shouldn't have changed, Tracker marine has to honor that based on terms set when Legend was bought out by Johnny Morris.

Quote Originally Posted by thedude View Post
    with the rising cost of new boats reaching 70-80k, i think used boats in the 30+ range are becoming more realistic. I think spending 30-40k on a used legend with no waranty is a far safer investment than buying say a nitro or triton with no warranty if they are selling for the same price or even a few grand less.
    Lmao!! Safer than Nitro and Triton? You're just saying that because of your previous experience with your other boat. If you get an issue with your N or T you can drag it to one of their dealers, who you taking that legend to with an issue if you aren't the original owner?

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    who you taking that legend to with an issue if you aren't the original owner?
    Any Tracker marine dealer and they will sort it out, they are doing the same thing for Stratos owners.

8. Member
    How is it a safer investment then Nitro or Triton?
    Quote Originally Posted by thedude View Post
    with the rising cost of new boats reaching 70-80k, i think used boats in the 30+ range are becoming more realistic. I think spending 30-40k on a used legend with no waranty is a far safer investment than buying say a nitro or triton with no warranty if they are selling for the same pr Hoice or even a few grand less.

to date i've not met someone who hasn't had warranty work done on a nitro they bought new. And most of them have been in multiple times - this was my experience also. (and i'm not talking about insignificant stuff, structural issues, transom cracks, top cap delams/seperation, electrical issues and so on). We have a lot of them around here, being near one of the largest dealers in the country. The dealer is great, i have a great relationship with them and they did service my old boat after i moved 300 miles from the original dealer.

Safer? - i'd never own a nitro out of warranty. period. I will (and do) own a legend that is out of warranty. When looking at a boat where you know you are on the hook for paying for any issues - i'd like one that wasn't just hacked together and shipped off. Could my boat have issues? absolutely - they all can, but as i weigh that in my decision to purchase a used boat, why would buy one that scrapes the bottom of the barrel in terms of quality off the factory line. So i'm not talking about safer because its under warranty or there's dealer around to help you - i'm talking about safer in that you'll have fewer catastrophic and costly issues you have to pay to fix. In terms of depreciation, i'm surprised you can even give away a used nitro with no warranty - whereas i think people will still pay good money for a good used legend because its actually well made.
    Last edited by thedude; 07-17-2018 at 01:54 PM.

10. Banned
    I guess Legend is now a real LEGEND!!!!!!

11. Member
    I'm just glad I got mine! Never owned a better boat and plan on keeping her for a long time. Really not to concerned about the resale value gong up or down. Anyone who buys a boat as an investment really needs some help with their finances! Love my 2016 V20.
    Running a true legend!
    2016 Legend V20 DC
    Mercury 250 Pro XS
    SN #2B124385 Model #1251P73BD.
    12" Bobs hydraulic JP
    68 gps, tourney loaded, full gear, full tank.
    Croxton worked 3 blade 24P fury, 0 plugs.
    Seastar Teleflex Pro Hydraulic steering.
    (2) BT 10' white Talons.
    Merc monitor.
    MK Ultrex 112lb 36v TM.
    Dual Lowrance HDS 9 touch gen3 at console.
    Single Lowrance HDS 12 touch gen3 at bow.
    LSS2 transducer

12. Member
    I like my V-21 but I also like buying new boats too. Anyway one day I'll put it for sale and will see what price it brings.

Quote Originally Posted by REW1984 View Post
    I think they will dip in the short term and then eventually start trending back up once everyone moves past the panic and anger.
    I think this is the best answer right here. I went through this same thing with an almost new boat in 2001 when Hawk went down. The big difference with Hawk was they went bankrupt, so no warranty on my boat from the factory at all. Luckily the boat had no issues that the dealer couldn't fix. After a few years all the dust settled and I ended up getting more on trade than I thought I could sell the boat for outright, even though the trailer was rusted out.
    Legends are great boats and should continue to bring good prices in the long run whether they are in production or not.
    Last edited by Busboy; 07-24-2018 at 10:46 PM.
    John Slaughter
    ......... Bankrupt Boat Trash Since 1977.........

14. Member
    Values will probably depend on if any issues pop up with the boats, especially anything that is not handled well under warranty. Something like if the sagging decks start happening to second and third owners and are not covered under a warranty.

15. Banned
    There is a big question mark on the V models right now with the deck structural issues, I think the earlier models Alpha/LE were proven platforms that will hold good value like the champs have.

16. Member
    Legends are really nice boats.. sad to see them go.
    Last edited by NOTGSXR; 07-30-2018 at 09:46 PM.
    Allison XB21 Prosport Mercury Racing 250XS with a 1.75 Sporty

17. Member
    Well I am on my second Legend kept the first one 7 years and plan on keeping this 211R for a while. I have looked and I cant find something that would compare with these boats so I do think they will keep threre value.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NOTGSXR View Post
    I know of some Alpha transom issues that have been repaired and re-occurred.
    Another I heard from a guy that knows a guy who talked to his cousin type of deal?
    Livin the dream
    2013 Legend 211
    250 Pro Xs

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Legend 2013 View Post
    Another I heard from a guy that knows a guy who talked to his cousin type of deal?
    Something like that.. I like Legends.. nice boats really.
    Last edited by NOTGSXR; 07-30-2018 at 09:47 PM.
    Allison XB21 Prosport Mercury Racing 250XS with a 1.75 Sporty

20. Member
    I have no issues with my 2013 Alpha 211 transom. And I have a big 250hp Honda on a 12 inch Atlas hydraulic jack plate and twin power pole blades hanging back there.

That's a fair amount of weight.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast