Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    If/when they (garmin) add ALL lakes from the card then their will be no need to have a Navionics card for a Garmin unit.....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    If/when they (garmin) add ALL lakes from the card then their will be no need to have a Navionics card for a Garmin unit.....
    What he said.

Tom

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    don't expect that to happen any time soon. I doubt we'll see Navionics integration for at least a few more years.

4. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    No doubt.....there are othes that think it should happen overnight....

5. Member
    I'm sure most know the history. It was circa 2014 Navionic chips worked in Garmin Units. It was shortly after that time that Garmin and Lowrance decided that it was not in there best corporate interest to allow "outside" chips to be used . Obvious reasons. Lowrance balked but Garmin followed through
    I'm not techguy so I may be way of base but inthe world of us non tech guys. It seems what can be done be undone.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokerbill View Post
    I'm sure most know the history. It was circa 2014 Navionic chips worked in Garmin Units. It was shortly after that time that Garmin and Lowrance decided that it was not in there best corporate interest to allow "outside" chips to be used . Obvious reasons. Lowrance balked but Garmin followed through
    I'm not techguy so I may be way of base but inthe world of us non tech guys. It seems what can be done be undone.

January 2019 you will be able to get navionics on your Garmin

7. Member
    You have been told wrong. Why the hell would Garmin acquire Navionics and not allow the chips to be used in their units? Garment n bought Navionics, for their mapping. It will be available in January 2019

8. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Soooooooooo, IF that is the case of Jan. 2019, i wonder if the incorporated navionics maps would be included in the free update we can get for the unit(s)......

9. Member
    I have no expectation that "any" of the maufacurers will give away anything for free that can be marketed for additional profit. There was a day when orginal Hummingbird and Lowrance did everything possible to increase the value of their products and keep costs down when they could. Really. Those days are over.
    Garmin releases the chip, I will buy it.

10. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    What i was referring to is that Garmin gives you 1 free map update to your unit within that 1 yr of purchase......

If and when you can use a Map card, with all the Florida Lakes on it, I will be 100% satisfied that I switched to Garmin!!

12. Member
    ifishforbass, I would sure like to know where you got your information about January release. You can PM me.

Thanks

ROCK CHALK

13. Banned
    I never did get my free map update. Garmin Express screwed me over with that. When I first got my unit I fired up Express, said there was a map update, so I downloaded it. Turned out to be the same maps I already had. Called Garmin. They told me they would notate my account. Almost a year later when the new maps were released I called Garmin again to see about getting them for free. Nope. Sorry, there's nothing on your account about that. Nothing they can do.

I won't be paying them for a map update.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Riccochet View Post

I won't be paying them for a map update.
    My issue:

Now Garmin Express asks me to pay for an update after 4 months I purchased it. BUT I have no way to see if it's worth it to pay for the update. The customer service replied (emailed) that I have already had one update so I have to pay to get the second one.

Another point is I have no idea what the first FREE update (from 2018.0 updated to 2018.50) is?

Anyone has better knowledge about it? Thanks.

15. Gray
    Quote Originally Posted by opaleski View Post
    If and when you can use a Map card, with all the Florida Lakes on it, I will be 100% satisfied that I switched to Garmin!!
    Not only that, you have to buy the Blue Vision card for St Johns River mapping.
    2017 Tracker 195 TXW Tournament Edition
    Mercury 150 4 Stroke
    Fortrex 80
    Minn Kota 10' Talon x2
    Lowrance HDS 12 Live
    Lowrance HDS 9 Live

Quote Originally Posted by bassun View Post

Another point is I have no idea what the first FREE update (from 2018.0 updated to 2018.50) is?

Anyone has better knowledge about it? Thanks.
    2018.50 fixed the navaid issue outlined below

https://www8.garmin.com/marine/notic...oys.pdf2018.50
    Garmin Pro Team

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Driscoll View Post
    2018.50 fixed the navaid issue outlined below

https://www8.garmin.com/marine/notic...oys.pdf2018.50
    -----Not Found

The requested URL /marine/notices/obscured_navigation_buoys.pdf2018.50 was not found on this server.

18. Member
    Just had a few extra characters on the end.

https://www8.garmin.com/marine/notic...tion_buoys.pdf
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

19. Member
    Thanks. I have read it. To be honest, very likely no use for a person boating or fishing outside the US.

If possible, in additional to the price for the update listed in Garmin Express, the Garmin should AT LEAST also considerately list the content of the update. It would allow customers to decide themselves if it's worth it for the not-free update. I believe technically it is not that difficult.

I spent around 50 CAD to get Garmin BlueChart G2 (Canada) in 2015 and eventually I found the lake I normally fish is not included. I know it's my bad. I should have done a more detail research before purchasing. However, I think Garmin could have done a better job in helping the customers to EASILY learning more info regarding their products.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12