Thoughts on New Boat

First time poster and first bass boat...looking at 2012 Skeeter FX 21 with under 100 hrs on Yamaha 250 SHO. Looks to be in great condition with several upgrades. Thoughts on that boat and motor would be greatly appreciated. Any help for a rookie!

2. Scraps
    A lot of boat for a first timer, but great boat. Easy to drive compared to other brands. Super rough water ride and nice packaging on the FXs. Just have the motor checked out well. Great looking boats too.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

3. Member
    Thanks krindgen, you are probably right with the lot of boat. Still wavering but my brother fishes a ton and just bought a place on local lake so getting something. Had a 05 Ranger Z20 fall thru. Read some posts on the Yamaha SHO having issues early on. Would that year be included?

4. Member
    Very solid boat and motor package. If priced right I wouldn't hesitate on buying it.

Jeff Clark
    Bassman469

5. Banned
    Engine check out and have a boat friend do a walk through with you on the Hull and compartments of the boat. Generally you can tell how well a boat is taken care of by the condition of the boat itself. If it is a 2012 and looks like a
    2016 odds are it has had a good owner. 100 hours is not much for a 2012 Engine if that is what the engine is. You don't say. That is like 17 hours per year and may be why he is selling. He does not use it much .

6. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I believe one of the biggest things to look at when looking at a boat is everything around the owner. If their house is clean, garage is clean, boat looks new even though it’s not it shows they take care of their stuff! People who go 15,000 miles without changing the oil in their truck aren’t likely to take care of their boat any better.

I bought my Triton aluminum bass boat on June 1st and the second I saw it I knew I was going to buy it. Every compartment was clean, each nick in the paint was covered with factory paint...and for being a 2006 it looked brand new! And everything the owner had looked brand new as well.

Boats can last a very very long time taken care of correctly. Good luck on whatever you decide.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV