Thread: Making a switch

Making a switch

I am thinking of switch to Garmin from Humminbird. I have 3 solix 12s. What would be comparable to them as far as features? Is there anyone on here who deals in Garmin that can put together a package price for 3 of these comparable units with live scope and all the items needed to link them?

2. Member
    I was thinking the same but why switch Humminbird has great side and down imaging I have a onix on dash putting 1242 Garmin non touch on bow with livescope.

3. Member
    Not a horrible idea. I may start with that. Which transducer?

4. Member
    Panoptix Livescope thats all find fish at wheel on Humminbird drop trolling motor use Livescope jig or cast directly at fish going to cost alot of money between $2300 up to $3300 depending on Garmin chartplotter sell humminbirds your just going to be out more money when your solixs are pefectly fine.

5. Member
    I recommend non touch at bow easier to press buttons and zoom when bending down to adjust settings I have touch Humminbird Onix at Console non touch also saves you $300.

Quote Originally Posted by Flickershad View Post
    I recommend non touch at bow easier to press buttons and zoom when bending down to adjust settings I have touch Humminbird Onix at Console non touch also saves you $300.
    SOLIX units are cross-touch only like your CT ONIX. No NT version.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

7. Member
    Sorry for the confusion I’m talking about Garmin 1242 they have one with only touch screen no keypad at all or keypad only no touch screen.