Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Ordering a new boat

I am in the final steps of ordering a new 21SST. I have added a 250 Pro XS/ MG TM 36 volts/ 4 Batteries/ Upgrade Charger/ Glassed in Transducer/ Padded Deck.
    I am still on the fence about adding a hydraulic plate, What would be the benefit of the hydraulic plate vs standard on this boat? Is it worth the upgrade?
    I have my own electronics.
    Am I missing anything that is a must?

2. Hagen
    I am going to guess their are not many that want a hydraulic, unless you are constantly testing different props like Mike. In this case it would just speed up the process of testing. Single or dual axle Trailer? Are you ordering torquemaster or sportmaster? 1.75 or 1.62? What size plate? What is your plans for mounting graph? Possibly add tilt will to the list? Im sure someone will be along shortly that can help better than I can. That's all I can think of at the moment.
    Want to buy old river2sea bully wa frogs.

3. Member
    Depends on your fishing locations if you should get a hydraulic plate. They would help a lot if you have to get on plane in real shallow areas.

4. Member
    I've got the tilt wheel on mine. Makes it pretty easy when you have a lot of clothes on in the winter.
    2020 Allison XB 21
    Merc 300R
    2018-SST Bullet
    Merc 300R
    Bullet 20XD
    300XS DBR

5. Banned
    A hydraulic jack plate is nice to have when idling through shallow areas that you don't know very well. It also makes it trailer better when you don't have to raise the motor up in the air to clear the ground. Better when beaching the boat, better when driving slow on plane and or in shallow water. .... It's just better

6. Member
    Finalized order today and went with standard plate and added tilt. Now the wait begins. Thanks for the input.

Quote Originally Posted by Huckleberry View Post
    A hydraulic jack plate is nice to have when idling through shallow areas that you don't know very well. It also makes it trailer better when you don't have to raise the motor up in the air to clear the ground. Better when beaching the boat, better when driving slow on plane and or in shallow water. .... It's just better

Its just not necessary on a Bullet. Never has been.

8. Hagen
    Quote Originally Posted by Nocull0 View Post
    Finalized order today and went with standard plate and added tilt. Now the wait begins. Thanks for the input.
    What was the estimated time to get it.?

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DLAB View Post
    Its just not necessary on a Bullet. Never has been.
    I didn't say it was necessary, I'm saying it's nice to have.

i have hydraulic on my 22SF. They are very heavy compared to standard. Back in the day, when i had 20' Blazers, i lost 2-3 mph compared to the standard JP. Same motor, prop, and boat setup. But the convenience is very nice. Came standard on this boat and i am around alot of shallow water when i go to the coast.
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    Kenny Hollingsworth<<<<<<<<<MY NAME!
    828 674 6752
    Hendersonville NC<<<<MY LOCATION!!

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KHNC View Post
    i have hydraulic on my 22SF. They are very heavy compared to standard. Back in the day, when i had 20' Blazers, i lost 2-3 mph compared to the standard JP. Same motor, prop, and boat setup. But the convenience is very nice. Came standard on this boat and i am around alot of shallow water when i go to the coast.
    Yeah with the 250 ProXS, I'm only getting 80 out of my XRS with the Atlas Jack Plate and 2 power poles.

12. Member
    Wait time 10-12 weeks is the estimate.

13. Hagen
    Its gonna be a long 10-12 weeks it would be hard for me not to be counting down the days.

14. Member
    Mine took 4 months

Yeah, its probably going to be closer to 4 months than 3 this time of year, i would think. Mine took an extra month longer even in winter time. But its worth it.
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    Kenny Hollingsworth<<<<<<<<<MY NAME!
    828 674 6752
    Hendersonville NC<<<<MY LOCATION!!

16. Member
    Ordered mine in February, picked it up in June

17. Member
    It will be about 14 weeks, supposed to sell my boat today and its going to be a long wait. I am still racking my brain on colors at this point. I have a couple weeks to finalize (so many options).

If u ask them they might send u a sample plate of the colors of your likes not sure if they still do that
    2005 Stroker 2010-250pro xs

19. Hagen
    Correct me if I'm wrong but bullet will do any color under the sun you can think of. the color scheme is where I would be lost also.

20. Member
    I think you're correct, be sure to have a transducer mounted in the hull so you don't have to pull the tank

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast