H51 Trolling Motor Fastener Options

I am at the end of a 2005 H51 restoration project and need to mount a new Gator mount for a 36V motorguide. I don't like the rubber type fasteners that come with the motor guide.
    Was wondering what other options folks have tried and had good success with. I fabricated me three 2"x 6" aluminum flat bars and drilled and tapped holes to match hole pattern of the gator mount. However, I could not make but one work. The middle and nose was not accessible. Was thinking about a sleeve anchor bolt, taper bolt nut, or self clinching nut.

Would like to hear ideas.

Joey

2. Member
    You must be fishing during a hurricane or a tail race below a dam to need a 36v on a H51. 24v should be plenty.

But to answer your question, you could hard mount your 36 v Motorguide. Your local trolling motor shop should have the fasteners you will need. If not Jones Trolling Motors a BBC sponsor should have a solution for you.

3. Member
    Thanks. And yes, I fish a lot of swift water on the Alabama river between Stockton and Claiborne. Also fish other small rivers with lots of current in Escambia County FL and Baldwin County AL.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jemccall View Post
    Thanks. And yes, I fish a lot of swift water on the Alabama river between Stockton and Claiborne. Also fish other small rivers with lots of current in Escambia County FL and Baldwin County AL.
    You are right about strong currents on the Alabama River. I have found some fish and pulled in next to an eddy current which would actually push me back upstream rather than blow by the fish moving downstream.

A 36 V should do whatever you want as long as the batteries last.

I had a Bullet 21 XD with a 36V MG once and wind and current were not a problem.

I have riv-nuts in mine. seem to work decent enough. I did have to put a drop of blue loc-tight on the bolts.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/w...SABEgK65PD_BwE
    2014 X19
    2014 200 SHO