Father / son tournaments?

Hello all - new here and relatively new to serious bassin'. Bought our first bass boat earlier this year and are having an absolute blast with it. My son just turned 12 and is obsessed with fishing; him and I are having a great time spending as much time as we can together on the water.

Are there any any tournaments we can do together? Been researching quite a bit but a lot seem to have a minimum age of 16 or 18. Would love to find something fairly laid back as we are under no illusions of being competitive. Heck just getting one keeper during the day would be fine with us.

We are located in NW Ohio.

Thanks in in advance for the help.

2. Member
    I’d like to know too. I’ve got a 13 yr old that’s pretty into it.

3. Member
    Look into joining a local bass club ?

4. Banned
    Legacy series I believe through fishers of men series

5. Member
    Legacy series is over for the year. Not sure what lakes you fish, but acheson's at Indian Lake would be a good start. I have fished them with my kids and they are inexpensive.

6. Member
    http://www.usabassin.com/index.php look here free membership for kids under 18
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by B*******413 View Post
    Legacy series is over for the year. Not sure what lakes you fish, but acheson's at Indian Lake would be a good start. I have fished them with my kids and they are inexpensive.
    This is how i got started, or join a club just joined a club this year and wish i would have done it sooner, if you can find a lake close to you see if they have week night or weekend cash tx

8. Member
    Thanks guys - will try some of the suggestions offered. I know of a really good club out of the Defiance area, will look into that or perhaps one closer to Gibsonburg.

Open to suggestions if any of you belong to clubs up this way.

Again thanks for the help.