Thread: Drone time!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Why is everyone so testy? This is a forum, once you express your thoughts and opinions I thought the basic idea was to be able to learn and discuss ideas from others.
    I really like this forum, it's a great way to obtain more knowledge on all depth finders regardless of the manufacture. Hey I don't see a drone anytime in my fishing boat but more power to anyone who does.

2. Member
    Check out this drone video ...

This is Billy Davis (MeltonHillBill).

3. Member
    A very cool and well shot video, very entertaining, but I don't see how having a drone hooked up to my depth finder is going to help me catch more fish. If I'm making fishing videos then I think it is great. Not sure I can see the Pros using it much either, other than to see what/where other boats are fishing, don't think that'll be allowed to happen.

4. Member
    It’s a drone, with a camera - I think a lot of guys could find a use for it.

Definaty not a necessity, but neither is a $50K boat, 37 rod and reel combinations or fluorocarbon line...

Quote Originally Posted by Royt View Post
    A very cool and well shot video, very entertaining, but I don't see how having a drone hooked up to my depth finder is going to help me catch more fish. If I'm making fishing videos then I think it is great. Not sure I can see the Pros using it much either, other than to see what/where other boats are fishing, don't think that'll be allowed to happen.

5. Member
    Some get testy because there’s a long history of Raymarine introducing product and some members doing everything they can to point out everything they think is wrong or trivial about it. Helpful thoughts and comments are awesome - guys yapping and being keyboard warriors - not so much...

Quote Originally Posted by Royt View Post
    Why is everyone so testy? This is a forum, once you express your thoughts and opinions I thought the basic idea was to be able to learn and discuss ideas from others.
    I really like this forum, it's a great way to obtain more knowledge on all depth finders regardless of the manufacture. Hey I don't see a drone anytime in my fishing boat but more power to anyone who does.

6. Member
    Any update on what we will need to purchase to fly the drone from the Axioms. Also, when is the software update available?

7. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    3.6 when its released, getting close. and a Mavic Drone from DJI.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...rds=DJI+mavric

8. Member
    Will there bye any additional hardware or cabling requirements from Raymarine?

9. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    I don't believe so its all done via blue tooth or wifi.
    The DJI drone has a controller and you use a iPad or phone to network, the Raymarine just ties into this system.
    ie to the best of my limited ability.

10. Member
    Drones are made by DJI. We won’t (as far as I know) be selling them.

Jim (Raymarine drone expert) is on vacation this week. I have an email to him confirming everything needed and will let you know for sure.

I think it’s a DJI Mavic Pro drone. $700’ish and up on Amazon depending on what accessories and how many batteries you get.

Also need a Raymarine heading sensor.

As soon as I have the full list from him, I’ll send it out.

11. Member
    What is the part number for the heading sensor? The Mavic Pro is $799 but by the time you purchase extra batteries and carrying case, etc. it will cost about $1000.

12. Member
    If you guys will give me a little time until Jim gets back from vacation I can have a full list of everything that’s needed rather than piecing it together individually one post at a time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12