Where would you live?

Now that my wife and I are both retired we are thinking about moving north. Where in Wisconsin would you choose to live that has good multi-species fishing? Thanks for the help.

2. Member
    Vilas County

3. Member
    Love Burnett Co.
    1995 Stratos 275 Pro XL
    1995 150 Fastrike
    MG Xi5

4. Member
    Wausau.

5. Member
    Thanks for the help

6. Member
    Oneida or Vilas County. Minocqua is a great community. Rhinelander and Eagle River are very nice as well if you are looking to be close to town. Take a look at a map, more blue than green. Lakes everywhere filled with muskies, northern pike, largemouth bass, smallmouth bass, walleyes and panfish. Very few places in the country with this kind of a diverse fishery.

7. Member
    Vilas or Iron County, if you want exceptional fishing and peace and quiet. Oneida county if you want great fishing and prefer being closer to conveniences.

8. Member
    To be honest another state just might be a better answer not only for better fishing but also better tax environment and weather just something to consider as I have lived in Vilas and onedia county for 30 years and fishing and hunting is far from above avg compared to other parts of the country.If Wisconsin is yr only choice u can't beat the Green Bay fisheries

9. Member
    Years ago I did spend some time in Vilas and did like it. Door County is #1 on my list. I've also spent some time in Eagle River, lots of lakes up there. These are all good areas thank you .

10. Member
    I wouldn’t consider Door Co for multi species fishing. Wind and waves are such a huge variable all the time on the big water, limited inland lakes and even if you do get on the big bay or lake, you are pretty much restricted to smallmouth, walleyes, salmon/trout or (gasp!) muskies. Almost no panfish opportunities.

Rhinelander, Eagle River, St. Germain...but steer clear of Minoqua as in the summer months it becomes a total zoo (Wisconsin Dells or Little Chicaago as I call it).
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"