Can you get into Rodman?

Last time I was there a couple weeks ago Kenwood was completely choked out with hyacinth. No way could you put in there and that's the only landing I've ever used. Not sure I know where the others are at?

Was there last weekend Kenwood was fine...

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    Was there last weekend Kenwood was fine...
    Good news. They must have cleaned it out. I'll be there in the morning. Thanks for the info!!

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Chopper View Post
    Good news. They must have cleaned it out. I'll be there in the morning. Thanks for the info!!
    No, its not good news! They cleared it out by spraying. Hyacinth's aint no problem, just back the boat off and trim it up as you idle to open water. I got a 22 ft Gambler and I would much rather deal with hyacinth's then see the FWC in there with spray boats. I idled out of the camp ground through 300 yards of them. That stainless steel prop makes salad out of the stuff.

5. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Manatee Mauler View Post
    Hyacinth's aint no problem, just back the boat off and trim it up as you idle to open water. I got a 22 ft Gambler and I would much rather deal with hyacinth's then see the FWC in there with spray boats. That stainless steel prop makes salad out of the stuff.
    Exactly what the trim button is for!!

Sprayed again WTF......

Spanky

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    1996 175 HP Mariner - Magnum EFI
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    80 lb 24v MinnKota Maxxum
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Garmin EchoMap 106sv w/ LS
    Dual 8' Power Poles

think that N Korea guy can Dennis Rodman right??

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Manatee Mauler View Post
    No, its not good news! They cleared it out by spraying. Hyacinth's aint no problem, just back the boat off and trim it up as you idle to open water. I got a 22 ft Gambler and I would much rather deal with hyacinth's then see the FWC in there with spray boats. I idled out of the camp ground through 300 yards of them. That stainless steel prop makes salad out of the stuff.
    Understand that I wasn't implying it was good news they sprayed. That's not what I said or meant. I was saying the fact you can get into the place now was good news. You will never hear me say anything good about the spraying and overspraying they do in this state.

10. Member
    Speaking of spraying and I don't mean to hijack this thread, but did anyone see the show 'Hook-N-Look' on two weeks ago? They are usually up north fishing for small mouth, but this time they were on stick marsh punching. The host Kim Stricker starts talking about the mats and hydrilla and how punching is the way to go down here in these FL waters--- THEN he starts talking about spraying and how good it is for Florida waters and they actually cut the film and added a 15-30 second info-commercial complete with AG Planes and and Airboats spraying away and then followed by a shot of a nice clean navigable weed free canal. If memory serves me correct they even showed happy boaters smiling and laughing as they drive their boats through weed free waters. I couldn't believe the level of propaganda they consciously added to the show in order promote spraying. There is no way this was happenstance and it had to take some diabolical thought on behalf of some Lobbying firm to coax a show into adding that type of propaganda. I am used seeing fake news these days, but now fake fishing news?

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper View Post
    Understand that I wasn't implying it was good news they sprayed. That's not what I said or meant. I was saying the fact you can get into the place now was good news. You will never hear me say anything good about the spraying and overspraying they do in this state.
    I got ya brother, spraying is a sore subject on this board,you're good
    Spanky

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by soulfisher View Post
    Speaking of spraying and I don't mean to hijack this thread, but did anyone see the show 'Hook-N-Look' on two weeks ago? They are usually up north fishing for small mouth, but this time they were on stick marsh punching. The host Kim Stricker starts talking about the mats and hydrilla and how punching is the way to go down here in these FL waters--- THEN he starts talking about spraying and how good it is for Florida waters and they actually cut the film and added a 15-30 second info-commercial complete with AG Planes and and Airboats spraying away and then followed by a shot of a nice clean navigable weed free canal. If memory serves me correct they even showed happy boaters smiling and laughing as they drive their boats through weed free waters. I couldn't believe the level of propaganda they consciously added to the show in order promote spraying. There is no way this was happenstance and it had to take some diabolical thought on behalf of some Lobbying firm to coax a show into adding that type of propaganda. I am used seeing fake news these days, but now fake fishing news?
    Never was a big fan of hook-n-look--guess it is off my list completely

13. Member
    Hey guys,
    Have a tournament on Rodman tomorrow. A poster said they had just sprayed...was that the whole lake or just boat trails? Looked at flash Earth and when that satellite photo was taken, the lake looked at least 4 get low. Is it back to normal pool? I haven't been there since Feb of last year.

Thanks!

14. Member
    I was there a few weeks back and they had sprayed a little but not much. Course that may not be the case now. The place was full of hycenth but very little hydrilla. Fishing was tough. The water temp was over 92 degrees but with this rain it may have cooled it down some. As far as water is concerned the reservoir was at full pool or maybe a little over.

15. Member
    I wish I had seen this before. Kenwood is a septic tank, you know that by now. The dead plants from spraying are rotting and will clog your motor up QUICKLY. I moved Extreme Tournament to PDC because of it. Orange Springs ramp is fine. The fishing is good if you know what to do. Extreme was won with 28 pounds and that came out of Rodman. There was another 20 pound bag from there for 5th place. I fished in there but could only get 14 and change so I wasn't anywhere near a check.
    Stroker / 250xs
    Triton 180 / 175 pro xs

16. Member
    I believe we watched your winner catch their fish. White Bullet? We ended up winning, but weight was weak. Flipping in the river.

17. Banned
    Can you get into Rodman?

I got into EyeWideShut in Tampa, so I can get into anywhere...

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GA198 View Post
    I believe we watched your winner catch their fish. White Bullet? We ended up winning, but weight was weak. Flipping in the river.
    Please tell me y'all weren't the guys bent rodding them. They said they had to block a boat all morning on their first spot. Then as soon as that spot played out the boat pulled in where they left. It seems to be the current trend in fishing. People don't seem to want to figure stuff out for themselves. Hope it wasn't yall.
    Stroker / 250xs
    Triton 180 / 175 pro xs

19. Member
    That was not us, that was a dude in a Z21. we never got closer to them, but w could see the guys in the bullet cull several times. We were in a 521 a few hundred yards South of them.