Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar

New Decals For The Etec, now where to I stall my Noco Genius2??

Well I got my new decals installed on my 90 Etec and after a clay bar, wax and a shine she looks great! My 06 looks much better now!

Now to my question, I have the Nono Genius 2/10amp 2 bank charger but I am undecided where to install it?!

Where have my tin brothers put theirs? This charger is heavy! Much heavier than I thought it would be. I was going to mount it on the underside of the opening where the batteries are but the directions say not to install it there.

I could mount it where the third battery would be but it would go underwater really fast if the boat ever took water on. I did get the plug where I can install the plug anywhere and cap it off.

I REALLY want to install this and charge my batteries with it but I can’t find that perfect spot. Any help will be appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

2. Member
    I just pulled the Dual Pro RS3 3 bank charger out of my RT188 and mounted my new NOCO Genius 3 bank back in the same place.

The only change I made was pulling the mounting plate out, mounting the NOCO to it, and reinstalling it a little lower than originally.

The NOCO is much bigger and heavier than the lightweight RS3.
    2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
    2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO SS Prop
    Lowrance Elite 7Ti in console
    Humminbird Helix 10 SI on BBT Bow Mount

Humminbird Helix 10 SI on a BalZout @ Console
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 - 24V i-Pilot Link
    Transducer Shield Mount
    Custom step in place of center seat
    Trick Step

3. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    My Noco is heavy at almost 9 pounds but it has a small footprint. 10” by 6” and 4” tall. I think I will move my tm battery to the port side(the factory mounted tm battery right in front of the motor and cranking battery starboard side...makes no sense to me) and then mount the charger where the tm battery is now.

Problem is if I mount it to the floor it would be underwater if the boat takes on any water and I’d rather not test the water proof-ness! I could find a small battery box, turn it upside down, mount it then mount the Noco on top of it. That would put one battery port and starboard and center my weight better.

unfortunately I can’t swap this one where the old one was cause there is no old one! Thanks, Chris
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

4. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I ended up not moving the batteries and taking up a little dry space in a compartment to mount the Noco. It seems to be a good spot. I haven’t figured out where I’m going to put the plug in receptacle yet but I’m happy. It’s a clean looking install and it’s now charging!
    Attached Images Attached Images