1997 Skeeter zx185zx trailer problem

I have a older 185zx I purchased last year and I am having problems with being able to powerload the trailer with the bow stop I have. It has two sets of rollers on a boomerang bracket but the problem is when I powerload the boat I end up smashing my trolling motor on the top rolls. Only way I have been able to get the boat onto to place is lowerthe trailer in too deep and ratchet the boat up and then hope it lands on the bunks level as it’s pulling out of the water. I am looking for a remedy to this problem because it’s getting out of hand. If anyone can tell me what I need to replace or whatever so I can powerload the boat id greatly appreciate it.

Its a matter of how far you back the trailer in the water. Same boat / year. There is a small sweet spot where you can power load. For the most part, I have more of the trailer out of the water than I like, but it will work for me @ 80%. If too deep, I have to get out and winch it up over the roller. PITA for sure.

Sounds like you have the trailer to deep. I had the same issue on my BC.......i get the bunks wet and leave the longest about 1-2 inches out of he water.... no more problems.....
    2022 Basscat PII
    Mercury 200 Pro XS 4stroke

4. Member
    Sounds like your backing your trailer in too deep. Also try trimming as far up as you can that will obvious raise the bow up a little high to get it over it. As said above. There is a sweet spot for loading on a trailer. And it’s going to be different from ramp to ramp depending on the incline.
    05’ Skeeter TZX200, Yamaha 200hp HPDI
    00’ Skeeter SX186, Yamaha 150hp VMax.
    PRO-FORMANCE FISHING TEAM.

5. Member
    Back in just till the top of the wheel wells are sticking out of the water. That should give you what you need. If you have one of those trolling motors like Ulterra or Ultrex that overhang a bit more than a normal trolling motor they'll still bump and roll over the rollers, but it won't hurt anything.
    Need a new bow step pad for your boat? Do what I did!
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=712307

Are your boat seats trashed? Fix them yourself and save $1000!
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=754944

6. Member
    Asap806,
    Small world, I am from Valpo, off of Route 2 and 500W. I Have a 1998 ZX185C.
    Anyway, I had that same double roller bracket on my boat. Remove it and throw the damn thing away!
    I just replaced the bracket with one of the rollers. Then adjusted the post up and forward till it sat in the right location on the Hull.
    I did have to re-adjust it the next time the boat was off the trailer so the boat sat back further on the bunks.
    If you want, I could measure the location of mine to help you find the right starting point.

Clearly not my favorite photo of my boat but, at least is shows you how mine is set up.
    Attached Images Attached Images