Summer Vertical Jigging

Catching fish vertical jigging in the summer is no different than in the fall/winter. I took my buddy Gene out this week and went out early as it’s very hot and water temps were 88-90. Hardest part, as usual, was finding the darn fish. I idled around various structures looking on my HB Side Imaging and finally found them on secondary points not too far from their main lake points. Then I looped back, put the HB in jigging mode and it was game on.

We caught over 20 fish, 8 different specie in one location alone. Mostly Spots, but also LMB, SMB, one Hybrid, one Crappie, one Walleye, one Catfish and a couple big Bluegill. Fish were caught in 25’ to 55’ of water using 5 different types of jigging spoons. Gene wanted a few pics to show his boys so here they are. We left at 10:00 as the heat was around 90 by then. Fun day!

2. Arkansas Rally Moderator Arkyarcher's Avatar
    Looked like a lot of fun.
    Gene Wilson

2000 Xpress X19 Mercury 200
    Team PoorMansCustomLures

Two wrongs don't make a right , but three lefts do.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkyarcher View Post
    Looked like a lot of fun.
    It was! Some call it “Video Game Fishing”. Find the fish on the sonar, watch the spoon fall into the zone, watch fish streak to the spoon, set hook, catch fish!

4. Member

5. Member
    Nice

That's AWESOME! I love jigging for Walleyes on Lake of the woods in the summer. Find'em over a reef and game on!! LOVE IT!

7. Member
    That fishing has been enhanced by electronics more than any other. Would you have ever fished that way before you had electronics? Only after years of study and many tries maybe is my guess. That has to be some fun to figure out and then execute with a bud��