Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

St Croix does it again

Broke two of my Mojo's on one trip. Called St. Croix to find out if I could ship them in the same tube and of course no problem. Sent them on Tuesday the 3rd. Got a call Monday the 9th that my rods have been replaced and ready to ship. Super service, super responsive, always a pleasure to interact with them.
    Please release me,let me go.

2. Member
    I've broken one Avid, was a no hassle replacement 5-6 yrs ago. So, fantastic customer service but the BEST part is I very rarely need it. For me, "Best rods on Earth".

3. Member
    between the 40 st croix rods me and my son run, only one has broken, and it was new. i've been running st croix for years - i do have some allstar and gloomis left, but we've had very good luck. I'm fairly hard on equipment as well.
    2020 Ranger Z519 | 2020 Mercury Pro XS 225 4S | Helix 10SI | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Noco GENIUS 10X4
    Fury 3 22P True Pitched | Power Pole Pro 2's | Ghost TM | Mega 360 | MEGA LIVE | Atlas 8in Jack Plate | Trick Step | 3X Amped 80ah Lithiums

4. Member
    Glad that all worked out well -

That's why I only buy St. Croix, Dobyns & Gloomis for their warranty.

Love St Croix rods.

6. Member
    Love mine.. have 7 nerver broke one yet. Never had any issues. Like that 7’ 8” big glass cranker..it’s a wrist saver
    2017 Puma FTD
    250 Pro XS
    lowrance gen 3, 9 and 12
    Ultrex 112 36v 45”

7. Member
    Loomis used to be that way as well but no longer. They are slower and more likely to point you in the direction of paid replacements.
    St Croix is the way I go these days.

St. Croix has amazing customer service, and some great rods!

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboy View Post
    Love mine.. have 7 nerver broke one yet. Never had any issues. Like that 7’ 8” big glass cranker..it’s a wrist saver
    Big cranker is glass?

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mortonjl View Post
    Big cranker is glass?
    Sorry my tournament legend big cranker is a lcb78mhm not glass. But I also have
    LGC711HM 7’ 11” it’s there all glass crankers it’s awsome.
    it was what I was thinking of. Love the grip

I will add there are 4 glass crankers.

Last edited by Jetboy; 08-02-2018 at 08:26 PM.
    2017 Puma FTD
    250 Pro XS
    lowrance gen 3, 9 and 12
    Ultrex 112 36v 45”

Quote Originally Posted by WrenchNBASS View Post
    St. Croix has amazing customer service, and some great rods!

I have broken 2 Mojo's in the last 3 months. They replaced them for 70 each which sux but, I guess its better than the 130 it cost to buy them. Replacement isn't very fast took 3-4 weeks. Not real impressed but, the system works....
    Last edited by K-DAWG; 08-08-2018 at 08:21 AM.

13. Member
    I have 14 St. Croix rods. Ranging from a few mojos to legend tournaments. Love every one of them. Any time I've had to deal with customer service it's been a great experience. Glad I made the switch.

14. Member
    For those who have used the legend elite rods, how do they compare with say a gloomis glx or nrx (both current models), or say a kistler zbone or H3 in terms of sensitivity and balance? Mainly focused on bottom contact rods, not reaction style rods.

Assuming the 7'1" MH XF is the jig/worm rod in the lineup...

2018 LEGEND 211R | 250 MERC PROXS

15. Member
    How are the avid X rods?

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbabin76 View Post
    For those who have used the legend elite rods, how do they compare with say a gloomis glx or nrx (both current models), or say a kistler zbone or H3 in terms of sensitivity and balance? Mainly focused on bottom contact rods, not reaction style rods.

Assuming the 7'1" MH XF is the jig/worm rod in the lineup...
    There's no comparison. The St Croix's are inferior. The LTB, while I personally don't like them, are the only ones that are worth buying. They aren't notorious for breaking...like every other production St Croix rod.

17. Member
    THE BESTTTTT

18. Member
    Great people to deal with.

19. Member
    Bought a 6'8' Medium Heavy Fast Tip Mojo from Cabela's on a Thursday...fished a tournament Saturday and the rod broke 3 guides down from the tip...hadn't even used it
    for an hour...swinging in a little 12" bass...no chips or nicks anywhere on the rod...cork handle not even dirty...Cabela's took it back since I had the receipt and it had only been 3 days. Now I'm leery about getting the same rod again...saw other reviews about the MOJO's breaking

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by swampshark View Post
    Bought a 6'8' Medium Heavy Fast Tip Mojo from Cabela's on a Thursday...fished a tournament Saturday and the rod broke 3 guides down from the tip...hadn't even used it
    for an hour...swinging in a little 12" bass...no chips or nicks anywhere on the rod...cork handle not even dirty...Cabela's took it back since I had the receipt and it had only been 3 days. Now I'm leery about getting the same rod again...saw other reviews about the MOJO's breaking
    Could have been damaged at the store. Pervious customer showing off his knowledge or a shipping issue and went undetected. Rods aren't made like the old days when you could drag a model T out of the water. How you hold the rod and the fish changes the bend radius and can over stress the rod. Many other factors can come into play as well. Things break and they stand behind the product. They have been more than fair to me.
    Please release me,let me go.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast