Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    So the Mojo cost me $130...to send it in for warranty repair and replace the rod is another $70??

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by swampshark View Post
    So the Mojo cost me $130...to send it in for warranty repair and replace the rod is another $70??
    I broke a mojo by closing it in a rod locker 2 weeks ago. I called and explained exactly what happened and was told to send it in with $55 and they would replace it. What's not to like about that? They said if it had just broke that I could have sent it in and they would have evaluated the break to determine if it would be replaced fully under warranty. First time I've dealt with CS at St Croix but I was very pleased myself...

Quote Originally Posted by swampshark View Post
    Yes, it cost $70 total for it to be exchanged. The price for the warranty is $55. But, they do not cover shipping. They do however offer you reduced shipping and a shipping label that can be printed from their web site for convinence. But, that cost $20. So, the total to replace a Mojo is $70. If I am doing it wrong someone please tell how to save the shipping cost.

4. Member
    Check for cheaper shippers. St Croix recommends SpeeDee Delivery which is only 6 bucks to ship a rod. They are regional though.
    Please release me,let me go.

Correction my math skills obviously suck! It costs 75 dollars to replace a rod with the Gold warranty. Which is B.S. and could be much cheaper. Some of the other rod makes only require you to provide just the handle with the model number information on it. But, because you have to send back all the broken pieces it drives up shipping costs. I just left the UPS store to see what shipping was for a 48"x5" cylinder. The shipping is $40 bucks. So, I am not impressed as some of the others here and if this one breaks I will be more than happy to give it someone else to pay the $75 replacement cost. I have bought my last St. Croix rod. It broke fighting a fish and it was only 3 months old. I think it should have been free replacement. Rant over...…………..
    Last edited by K-DAWG; 08-25-2018 at 11:53 AM.

Rant not over..................So I pay $20 for the pre paid Fed Ex shipping label. Take shipping label and my container with the rod, note and $55 inside. Go to the closest Fed Ex shipping outlet and they want $1 to tape the label to the container????????? Really?????? One FK'in dollar!!!

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak16 View Post
    Broke two of my Mojo's on one trip. Called St. Croix to find out if I could ship them in the same tube and of course no problem. Sent them on Tuesday the 3rd. Got a call Monday the 9th that my rods have been replaced and ready to ship. Super service, super responsive, always a pleasure to interact with them.
    Question: how did you break two rods on one trip?

Quote Originally Posted by K-DAWG View Post
    Correction my math skills obviously suck! It costs 75 dollars to replace a rod with the Gold warranty. Which is B.S. and could be much cheaper. Some of the other rod makes only require you to provide just the handle with the model number information on it. But, because you have to send back all the broken pieces it drives up shipping costs. I just left the UPS store to see what shipping was for a 48"x5" cylinder. The shipping is $40 bucks. So, I am not impressed as some of the others here and if this one breaks I will be more than happy to give it someone else to pay the $75 replacement cost. I have bought my last St. Croix rod. It broke fighting a fish and it was only 3 months old. I think it should have been free replacement. Rant over...…………..

Rod was picked up the 27th by FedEx. Still haven't heard back from St. Croix.................................

9. Member
    Had a loon take my kid for a ride, after 15 minute battle I told him to lock down the drag so I could try to get at the hook. a short tie later, BOOM! Legend elite, 9 years old, exploded, line broke at the line tie. Elite was in 5 pieces. (+$95 later I have a brand new Elite on my way.

Shipped last Friday, got a call yesterday. Rod is in the mail today. That is service that I appreciate.

Rod was delivered yesterday 21 days from the time I sent it to them until the time it was delivered to my house. Like I said about them before. The warranty system works but, could be a lot better. Cost me 75 dollars to replace it. Didn't get a call from them like last time to upgrade or change to a different rod. That was disappointing because, I would not have asked for another rod like this one I would have went to a heavier rod. This is the second one that's broke in 3 months odds are its gonna break again.

11. Member
    I’m amazed there is a warenty on a 130$ rod. I’d love to replace any of mine for 75$. So far I’ve not messed one up.
    2017 Puma FTD
    250 Pro XS
    lowrance gen 3, 9 and 12
    Ultrex 112 36v 45”

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12