Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Vexus™ Boats - Total Performance Machine

For ages, aluminum fishing boats have tended to look, feel, and perform the same. It’s such a long-term pattern that many accepted the myth that these rigs were doomed to have cramped cockpits, limited performance, small (and weak) plastic storages, less-stylish designs, and wet, rough-riding hulls. Was it really the best that could be done?
    Going back to a blank slate and questioning everything, our engineers not only redefined aluminum performance but also integrated an amazing level of comfort, fishability, and satisfaction.
    Ultimately, there’s a reason they say ‘The Revolution is Here.’ Status quo will never define the people or the products at Vexus™. Every one of these Glass-Infused AVX rigs is engineered to Raise the Bar of Craftsmanship & the Rewards of Ownership™ – all at a competitive price.
    Check out a world of advancements highlighted in today’s post.

https://www.facebook.com/vexusboats/...2197238779306/

2. Member
    Certainly got my attention just in the nick of time and now some of my $$$$.

3. Member
    I saw these boats at the Classic and I have to say they are very nice boats. If I was in the market for a new boat this would definitely be at the top of my list. I would really like to see one in blue.
    2018 Ranger RT178
    Yamaha 75hp
    Atlas Micro Jacker
    80lb Minn Kota Ultrex

4. Member
    Heck, I would just like to have seen one in person before buying one. ��
    The pictures are great but I’m hoping they don’t do them justice and the boat is much better in person. So how did that red one look in person?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertdog619 View Post
    Heck, I would just like to have seen one in person before buying one. ��
    The pictures are great but I’m hoping they don’t do them justice and the boat is much better in person. So how did that red one look in person?
    The red one looked great. I also really liked the green one. Hell, I liked all of them....Lol. I got in the boat and checked it over from bow to stern and I can tell you it's a well built quality boat. I really like the fact that the gas tank is under the seats instead of in the back of the boat. I think that helps the center of balance and also gives you plenty of room in the bilge for batteries, power pole pumps, etc.....

When are you expecting delivery? I know the wait must be killing you! I ordered a Ranger RT 178 last October and I like to went crazy waiting.
    2018 Ranger RT178
    Yamaha 75hp
    Atlas Micro Jacker
    80lb Minn Kota Ultrex

6. Member
    They said 10 weeks but that’s due to the motor selection. I went with the Mercury 150 ProXS 4s.
    I also like the Moss green but I think the red pops a little more and the red accent on the motor will look better.

I was interested in a 1980, then I saw it was only rated for 150 hp. Oh well, guess xpress will get the nod.
    Last edited by NiteBite6855; 07-13-2018 at 02:55 PM.

8. Member
    And the lakes where I will be fishing mostly the 150 maybe too much. But certainly not too much when I go to other bigger bodies of water. I went with the bigger boat so I would not get caught with limited power of the 115. However it may have been perfectly fine for my local lakes.
    Last edited by Desertdog619; 07-13-2018 at 02:09 PM.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NiteBite6855 View Post
    I was interested in a 1980 then I saw it was only rated for 150 hp. Oh well, guess xpress will get the nod.

Every Vexus thread on here turns in to the same ole "ain't enough horse power thing." C'mon man, give it a rest! Can there be just one thread without all that? For the vast majority of people the HP rating on these boats are just fine. The folks at Vexus are not rookies in this business. They didn't just pull these ratings out of thin air. They're there for a reason.
    2018 Ranger RT178
    Yamaha 75hp
    Atlas Micro Jacker
    80lb Minn Kota Ultrex

I have seen 3 or 4 of these boats and I think they are the best laid out, best looking aluminum boat available right now. And I will go by Pipercub's plea and not discuss why I am not buying one and decided to keep my RT188 for now.

But they look great, the design is excellent and people making them are very nice, professional folks that I am sure will stand behind their products just like they did at Ranger before the shakeup. I wish them the best. Regarding looks and design, it is in a class by itself IMHO.
    ----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA

Quote Originally Posted by Pipercub View Post
    Every Vexus thread on here turns in to the same ole "ain't enough horse power thing." C'mon man, give it a rest! Can there be just one thread without all that? For the vast majority of people the HP rating on these boats are just fine. The folks at Vexus are not rookies in this business. They didn't just pull these ratings out of thin air. They're there for a reason.
    It's just disappointing! It's an amazing boat, I absolutely love the look, layout, quality, and storage. It is being marketed to bridge the gap between aluminum and fiberglass. I just don't understand not making more horsepower an option.

I think it's good for a company to hear exactly what customers or potential customers think about their products, listening to customer feedback is usually what increases sales in the future. I was all in if I could order it with a 200 on the back, and it sounds like I'm not alone!

12. Comanche warrior MassBass320v's Avatar
    Amen.
    __________________________________________________ __
    I reject your reality and substitute my own!

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NiteBite6855 View Post
    It's just disappointing! It's an amazing boat, I absolutely love the look, layout, quality, and storage. It is being marketed to bridge the gap between aluminum and fiberglass. I just don't understand not making more horsepower an option.

I think it's good for a company to hear exactly what customers or potential customers think about their products, listening to customer feedback is usually what increases sales in the future. I was all in if I could order it with a 200 on the back, and it sounds like I'm not alone!
    I'm not sure why they don't offer more HP but I'm assuming it's probably a business decision more so than a mechanical one. I guess they're trying to keep each boat at a certain price point. It must not be hurting their bottom line or they would up the HP rating. As I stated above, most people are probably satisfied with the current HP ratings and as long as boats are going out the door I doubt they will increase it, at least not to the levels some would like to see.

Who knows, it may be a safety or even a liability issue as well. I'm not an expert by any means, but I don't think an aluminum boat being pushed by a 200Hp motor is necessarily a safe thing to do. An aluminum boat is much lighter than a glass boat and more suseptable to bad things happening at higher speeds. I'm sure I'll catch some flak for saying that....Lol. Just my thoughts.
    2018 Ranger RT178
    Yamaha 75hp
    Atlas Micro Jacker
    80lb Minn Kota Ultrex

14. Member
    I'm not sure why they don't offer more HP but I'm assuming it's probably a business decision more so than a mechanical one. I guess they're trying to keep each boat at a certain price point. It must not be hurting their bottom line or they would up the HP rating. As I stated above, most people are probably satisfied with the current HP ratings and as long as boats are going out the door I doubt they will increase it, at least not to the levels some would like to see.

Who knows, it may be a safety or even a liability issue as well. I'm not an expert by any means, but I don't think an aluminum boat being pushed by a 200Hp motor is necessarily a safe thing to do. An aluminum boat is much lighter than a glass boat and more suseptable to bad things happening at higher speeds. I'm sure I'll catch some flak for saying that....Lol. Just my thoughts.
    In post number 9....you say give it a rest and you don't want to discuss it....

Then 5 hours later in post number 13.... YOU ARE THE GUY DISCUSSING IT.

I think you bring it up bout as much as anyone. LOL
    RT188
    I LIKE boats...BUT I LOVE PLANES
    Oh yeah.... I love the RT188 too.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaFlyer View Post
    In post number 9....you say give it a rest and you don't want to discuss it....

Then 5 hours later in post number 13.... YOU ARE THE GUY DISCUSSING IT.

I think you bring it up bout as much as anyone. LOL

I was wondering how long it would be before you chimed in...not long apparently. I'm starting to feel like you're stalking me.

Just responding to NiteBite's post, which by the way, I agree with most of what he said.

I promise to not comment on HP rating complaints anymore if you promise to stop stalking me....what do you say?
    2018 Ranger RT178
    Yamaha 75hp
    Atlas Micro Jacker
    80lb Minn Kota Ultrex

16. Member
    Did they show the 1880 on pad? It looked like all 150s in the video. Interested to see how on pad the 1880 is.

17. Member
    It looks like Xpress will have a record year with all this “talk” about everyone on here buying one...

18. Joe4d
    ordering one next week... Xpress that is. LMAO,, total performance machine, yet umm underpowered barges

19. Member
    Agree, not rated for big enough motor. Xpress is a better option until they can build one rated for 200-250!

20. Member
    In that video it looks the hull has more lift with the G2 on the back.

Boat looks great and i'm sure that combo will perform well

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast