Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basstrackeroptimax View Post
    This will be my last thought on the slogan topic then.
    Thank God!!!

- 2019 Ranger Z185 - Mercury 150 Pro XS

2. Member
    I have spent the last 3 days on Okeechobee with my 1880 and I’ll say that I’m very pleased. Two passengers, front 3 compartments fully loaded, 6” Atlas and 2 blades had me at 50.4mph according to my HDS. Just thought I’d share.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FatAce View Post
    I have spent the last 3 days on Okeechobee with my 1880 and I’ll say that I’m very pleased. Two passengers, front 3 compartments fully loaded, 6” Atlas and 2 blades had me at 50.4mph according to my HDS. Just thought I’d share.
    Thats pretty cool . Glad you’re liking it . What motor do you have on her ?

It's all good !
    2016 Ranger RT188 White
    Yamaha 115 sho
    motorguide Xi5 80 with pinpoint gps
    Lowrance elite 5 ti with total scan console
    Lowrance hook 5 bow

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basstrackeroptimax View Post
    I am a school bus mechanic if that makes a difference. I learn something everyday and yes my skills are much better now than they were years ago but i dont go around bad talking what i used to do either..........
    I just had to comment on this. First of all Roy I have read your input over the years and it is good input. From what I‘ve seen also you seem like a great person too so don’t take this wrong but If there has been bad talking it has not come from SClark that I have seen. To add to this I own a Triton 18 TX which is the exact same hull as an RT188 which you well know. I do like the boat and it is a fishing machine. Having said that there are some things about it that I get crabby about. One thing is the quality of the paint job. I have a paint background and I have looked at the Vexus boats up close. Basically every last thing on them is put together better than my Triton from the trailer to the paint job especially. Will I be running out and buying one anytime soon? No I won’t because it does not work with my budget right now and they do not offer one without carpet. I also know you own a Tracker which is working great for you and that’s fantastic. Myself and some of my friends owned Bass Pro built boats that were built in the 90’s in the 90’s. Those boats did not satisfy us and I for one have a long memory when it comes to spending my hard earned money and ending up with problems and issues and frustrations. Does my experience and my friends mean today’s Trackers are not great boats? Of course not! However that experience from all those years ago sealed it for myself and my friends. Anyway Roy I can tell you are a great guy that has become offended at something perhaps even you can’t put a finger on. It’s ok let’s just move on and try to do it in a positive way. Make it a great day!

5. Member
    "In what ways tho? The fit and finish does seem to be amazing in their pictures and they are beautiful and look well made. But other than the looks what sets them apart so much?" Dude, just look at the videos. Then, go and look at other alum boats inside and out. Oh, the other thing that sets them apart...the people, their experience, and the company's ability to produce based on this experience. Nuff said...there is your answer.
    Last edited by ChuckHannaford; 08-12-2018 at 08:09 AM.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckHannaford View Post
    "In what ways tho? The fit and finish does seem to be amazing in their pictures and they are beautiful and look well made. But other than the looks what sets them apart so much?" Dude, just look at the videos. Then, go and look at other alum boats inside and out. Oh, the other thing that sets them apart...the people, their experience, and the company's ability to produce based on this experience. Nuff said...there is your answer.

And what about it having glass compartments, livewells and consoles, the paint, the way it appears to be a glass boat sitting in the water, now I have not seen one in person but it just looks like a superior boat to me.

7. Member
    Pro XS 115

8. Member
    Pro XS 115
    Good to see real world numbers starting to come out . I always thought the 1880 could reach 50 mph based on what I have but you getting that fully loaded in the Florida heat is nice to see .

It's all good !
    2016 Ranger RT188 White
    Yamaha 115 sho
    motorguide Xi5 80 with pinpoint gps
    Lowrance elite 5 ti with total scan console
    Lowrance hook 5 bow

9. Member
    Quick question SClark. Is a 115 the only outboard h.p. that will go with the AVX 1880, or can a lesser H.P. be used? For example a 90?
    2019 Vexus 1880 w/ Mercury Pro-XS 115 4-stroke, MK 80lb Fortex, Twin Helix 7 Birds, Pro II PowerPole. AEguideservice.com

10. Member
    You can get them with smaller hp motors if you order it that way. Not sure why you would do that though.

11. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Not at this time, we have only tested the boats with a 115 and 135 engines...
    unless you are running a horsepower restricted lake i would opt for the 115, the price difference between the 90hp and the 115hp is pretty small . . .

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sclark View Post
    Not at this time, we have only tested the boats with a 115 and 135 engines...
    unless you are running a horsepower restricted lake i would opt for the 115, the price difference between the 90hp and the 115hp is pretty small . . .
    Thank you.
    2019 Vexus 1880 w/ Mercury Pro-XS 115 4-stroke, MK 80lb Fortex, Twin Helix 7 Birds, Pro II PowerPole. AEguideservice.com

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertdog619 View Post
    You can get them with smaller hp motors if you order it that way. Not sure why you would do that though.
    Curiosity question really. Since the build your Vexus feature is not available yet, I thought I would ask the question here.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou22 View Post
    Curiosity question really. Since the build your Vexus feature is not available yet, I thought I would ask the question here.
    Gotcha. I have friends that have 50’s & 90’s on their bass boats and wish they had a little more even on our small lakes.

15. Member
    This is great to hear! I am starting my quest and actually was able to look at an 1880 yesterday with the 115. That speed sounds great for my needs! Can you give any other input on your experience fishing and running around with the 1880? Great to hear feedback from actual owners!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234