Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by infantry1026 View Post
    Will there be any dealers in Louisiana? I can't find any dealer list.
    Real Deal Marine in Pineville is a Vexus dealer .

It's all good !
    2016 Ranger RT188 White
    Yamaha 115 sho
    motorguide Xi5 80 with pinpoint gps
    Lowrance elite 5 ti with total scan console
    Lowrance hook 5 bow

2. Member
    That 200 sounds like a beast!!!! gotta love that deep growl

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by basstrackeroptimax View Post
    I have a question. Arent the people behind these boats the same ones that designed and made the Ranger RT series? At that time they were the greatest tins on the planet because of the name on the side now they are just run of the mill lack luster tins like all the rest?
    good point

4. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    not sure what you do for a living, but lets say you have been doing the same thing for the last 30 years.
    you have learned all the tips, tricks, and secrets, now you have the chance to start over again. Clean Slate no pre-exisitng hardware / software or process to incorporate ..
    think you could do a better job this time around ? ? ?

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sclark View Post
    not sure what you do for a living, but lets say you have been doing the same thing for the last 30 years.
    you have learned all the tips, tricks, and secrets, now you have the chance to start over again. Clean Slate no pre-exisitng hardware / software or process to incorporate ..
    Good counter point!

6. Member
    I was thinking the same thing. Over time, we should grow and learn and that should show up in what we do or how we do it.

We will see

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NiteBite6855 View Post
    We will see

I think it already shows up in the design of their Alum boats. Certainly not the same old thing as everyone else

I am a school bus mechanic if that makes a difference. I learn something everyday and yes my skills are much better now than they were years ago but i dont go around bad talking what i used to do either..........
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Quote Originally Posted by Desertdog619 View Post
    I think it already shows up in the design of their Alum boats. Certainly not the same old thing as everyone else
    In what ways tho? The fit and finish does seem to be amazing in their pictures and they are beautiful and look well made. But other than the looks what sets them apart so much?
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

11. Member
    I have a question. Arent the people behind these boats the same ones that designed and made the Ranger RT series? At that time they were the greatest tins on the planet because of the name on the side now they are just run of the mill lack luster tins like all the rest?
    I don't have a dog in this hunt as I currently have a BassCat Puma, but when these folks were at Ranger there were a lot more than just this group involved in product development, engineering and such. Now that they are our on their own, they have more freedom to do things the way they want (they own the place), than when they were simply a cog in a much larger machine.

12. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    I am a school bus mechanic if that makes a difference. I learn something everyday and yes my skills are much better now than they were years ago but i dont go around bad talking what i used to do either..........

Okay Roy, for the last time (I hope) .. my friend and family still work at “What I used to do” .. I try real hard to not talk down anyone’s product. Every boat sold is a boom to this industry, no matter who’s it is..

I am not sure why you have such a seething dislike for a Vexus or me. I have not talked down your precious “Tracker Boats”and yes I have seen them, rode in them, fished out of them, watched them being built, hell i was in Tracker Boats managment for a while.

Why are vexus boats revolutionary? is not all about your almighty horsepower number or top speed. We like to think it’s the overall package of looks, quality, fish ability, reliability, dependability and most of all putting the customers first, Forrest has distilled that emphasis into us.

i hope you continue to offer your advice and insights here in the Vexus Forum, but please keep the bad mouthing and insults to yourself.

Thanks Roy

"Success is never owned, it is rented, and the rent is due every day."

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertdog619 View Post
    Its WAY to early to tell that.

14. Member
    Lots of butt hurt going on here, I do not have nor want a tin bass boat, but from the outside looking in these boats look to be superior to anything I have seen. These guys been building boats for a very long time, if the Wood family has anything to do with it I will put my money in it, cannot wait to see the glass rigs, going to be tough topping what they have done to the tin rigs imo.

15. Member
    In what ways tho? The fit and finish does seem to be amazing in their pictures and they are beautiful and look well made. But other than the looks what sets them apart so much?
    Thats the only thing that can be assessed at this early stage. Time will expose other differences, So we all have to wait for that to prove itself. But IMO and clearly yours, Vexus has won on the appearance/design or fit & finish scorecard. So the score is VeXus 1 , competitors 0.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    Its WAY to early to tell that.
    Then by your own words it’s too early judge them in a negative way as well. Maybe some people just need more time to figure out if they like them or not. Not everyone figures things out at the same pace, just as nothing will please everyone. I normally would not buy a product of this cost from a brand new company and certainly a boat, however I have alot of faith in the team they have assembled. Their experience at boat designing and building is second to no one and that carry’s a lot of weight in my decision.
    Last edited by Desertdog619; 08-11-2018 at 08:41 PM.

Why are vexus boats revolutionary? is not all about your almighty horsepower number or top speed. We like to think it’s the overall package of looks, quality, fish ability, reliability, dependability and most of all putting the customers first, Forrest has distilled that emphasis into us.
    Isn't that for the consumer to decide?

18. Banned
    What do the boats cost ?

19. Banned
    The cost is gonna be the deciding factor as most bass boats are very expensive.
    Dont expect this one to be different.

Okay Roy, for the last time (I hope) .. my friend and family still work at “What I used to do” .. I try real hard to not talk down anyone’s product. Every boat sold is a boom to this industry, no matter who’s it is..

I am not sure why you have such a seething dislike for a Vexus or me. I have not talked down your precious “Tracker Boats”and yes I have seen them, rode in them, fished out of them, watched them being built, hell i was in Tracker Boats managment for a while.

i hope you continue to offer your advice and insights here in the Vexus Forum, but please keep the bad mouthing and insults to yourself.

Thanks Roy
    And finally you answer my question what you think sets you apart. I recall asking in our pm conversation a couple weeks ago but you never answered my last message. If thats what important to you then fair enough. Its not going to be for me and several others and thats ok. I dont really see how this turned into a tracker comparison since i have never once mentioned it but ok. I am planning on a major upgrade in my future but from what i have seen so far this wont suit my needs which likely doesnt matter to yo and thats fine. This will be my last thought on the slogan topic then. You guys are putting out a nice looking product and time will tell how they fair long term.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast