Lake Margrethe in Grayling

Anyone have any information on this lake? Is it a largermouth lake or smallmouth lake? What weights win out there? I have tournament there on sunday.

Thanks for any information.

2. Member
    Use to fish it a little when my dad lived up there. We always caught smallies on the flat over by 72. There's another flat kind of in the middle of the lake that was always good too. I would say 2.5# average to do well. It's a tough lake to fish.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by castforcash View Post
    Use to fish it a little when my dad lived up there. We always caught smallies on the flat over by 72. There's another flat kind of in the middle of the lake that was always good too. I would say 2.5# average to do well. It's a tough lake to fish.
    That's the same flat I used to fish.....Stay off my sheet..
    There are both largemouth and smallmouth but like Dave said it can be a tough lake to fish...There is good pan fising and quite a few pike..If memory serves me right they plant Walleye there but I have never caught one....There are some really good looking deep water points but I dont remember doing well on them...I haven't fished it since I retired from the military...So about 10 years..
    I will take a guess that 11-12 lbs will win the tourney..The lake sure looks good but just doesn't seem to produce alot of big fish..
    Last edited by brnzbaklvr; 07-13-2018 at 02:17 PM.
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn

4. Member
    Thanks for the insight!

5. Member
    If you get a chance go to Spikes and get a burger...Or else Frederick inn for a giant wet burrito....Fishin is cool but you gotta have the good chow and some coldies..
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn