Thread: Trim Issues

Trim Issues

I've got a '98 200 EFI serial #O6741410. I replaced the trim motor and I thought everything was good. It was raising and lowering until I lowered it most of the way down and fluid started escaping under the base of the motor. I'm pretty sure my O-ring didn't seal right. So I loosened the plastic screw on the side of the trim to release pressure on the system so I could raise it back up, lock it up, and reseat the motor. Well, when I did, the motor went all the way down before I could catch it and raise it up. Now, I can't budge the thing. It's like it's locked down. I've never had one go all the way down before when the screw is backed off. Is there a trick to releasing it so it will go back up?

Thanks
    Jeremy

2. Member
    should raise with screw loosened,try bumping switch in either direction
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    I don’t think there’s enough fluid left in the system to raise the motor and since the motor is down I can’t get to the plug to open it and add fluid. Is there a trick to manually raising it from the all the way down position? It feels like it’s stuck. Or is it just that heavy I’m going to need two guys to lift it from that position? It’s wasn’t hard to raise by myself before it lowered all the way down.