Gatorbak install Phase I

Step one carefully remove the boat from trailer.

Lower trailer tongue to the floor with a floor jack and cribb the transom.

Use the trailer center jack and floor jack to lift transom off the trailer. Cribb the keel up behind trailer cross brace. This will allow you to move the trailer 2-3’ forward. Re-cribb behind the next cross member and repeat. This will take several set ups to completely remove the trailer from under the boat. Be sure to chock trailer wheels when lifting. Re-chock after each move.

Use cribbing on the bunks to help with the last setups.

This is a safe and secure way to suspend a bass boat. Take your time if you attempt this procedure, and a buddy to help a plus. Starting demo and re-build this week I will post progress. List of updates. New treated bunks with Gatorbak covering, new fender plywood and carpet covering, trailer corrosion and repair.
    Last edited by WjColdWater; 07-13-2018 at 08:51 AM.

2. Member
    Looks like you got it under control. Gator bunks are awesome, one of the best upgrades for the peace of mind in regards to your hull you can do in my opinion. Great pics and tutorial, thanks for sharing! Keep the pics coming, would love to see your progress!

3. Scraps
    Somebody likes a challenge. I took mines's to the lake. had the new bunks all made up. Made for an easy swap.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

4. Scraps
    What is she, 518?? looks super clean.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

5. Member
    That boat looks really nice. What model/year. The bottom of mine looks...well used.
    2021 Caymas CX21/Mercury 250 Pro XS

Nice job but my balls are as big as yours LOL
    2000 520vx Ranger
    250 PRO XS
    SERIAL#2B115788/ 25P Fury 4/ 25P Fury 3 blade

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WjColdWater View Post
    Step one carefully remove the boat from trailer.

Lower trailer tongue to the floor with a floor jack and cribb the transom.

Use the trailer center jack and floor jack to lift transom off the trailer. Cribb the keel up behind trailer cross brace. This will allow you to move the trailer 2-3’ forward. Re-cribb behind the next cross member and repeat. This will take several set ups to completely remove the trailer from under the boat. Be sure to chock trailer wheels when lifting. Re-chock after each move.

Use cribbing on the bunks to help with the last setups.

This is a safe and secure way to suspend a bass boat. Take your time if you attempt this procedure, and a buddy to help a plus. Starting demo and re-build this week I will post progress. List of updates. New treated bunks with Gatorbak covering, new fender plywood and carpet covering, trailer corrosion and repair.
    thought I heard on here not to use treated wood.
    2015 189 trx

8. Member
    Get you some black stain or paint for the boards. That way the blend in with the gatorbaks. If not you will see the boards a little. Plus they will last longer

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    Get you some black stain or paint for the boards. That way the blend in with the gatorbaks. If not you will see the boards a little. Plus they will last longer
    I ordered Gatorbak Plus this model covers tops, sides and 3/4” on the bottom. This will cover the entire bunk board with no visible wood. As far as using treated this material will not allow chemical transfer to the hull. I also ordered the molded end caps.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by krindgen View Post
    Somebody likes a challenge. I took mines's to the lake. had the new bunks all made up. Made for an easy swap.
    I’m doing several updates to the trailer which will take several days to complete.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by krindgen View Post
    What is she, 518?? looks super clean.
    Shes a 06/519. I’m the original owner and enjoy keeping her in shape. Thanks!

12. Member
    3 years on my gatorbaks no issues love em.