Banned

iCast- What products have caught you already?

The booyah melee bladed swim jig has me exited! Looks like it can be a new take on the bait instead of just a rebranding! I think itll help with the rise since it looks like the blade is connected in a way to keep the blade more upright and controlled instead of the free swinging design of the chatterbaits.

Googan baits look interesting....kinda look like bulkier strike king stuff. Even though I dont fish topwater much and havent caught with my whopper ploppers....i think that new 75 size will be more effective for some reason! I like the fat belly on it since I think itll sit in the water more with a bulkier profile.....i might try one if I can find one locally and give the whopper plopper another chance.

2. Banned
    I shouldve posted this in the lounge....not sure if a mod can move it? sorry

3. Member
    Definitely the new tatula rods with the cork handles
    07 tracker TX 190
    75 horse Mercury
    999 KVD, 859 , and 798 SI HD

4. Member
    VMC Tokyo Rig and KVD 1.5 Deep Square Bill
    That Googan Trench Hawg looks interesting as well.
    Observation: I love LEWS, but dam, they are gettin so many reel models, I get dizzy tryin to decide.
    Last edited by TableRock55; 07-13-2018 at 08:58 AM.
    2017 Phoenix 618Pro

5. Member
    The VMC Tokyo rig has me intrigued as well. I've been using something similar that's home made for a couple of years and have been somewhat successful with it. And I'll likely have to get another new box just for the deep square bills!

Thankfully, just about the only "must have" I've seen for me is that new Booyah bladed jig. Some other stuff that looks cool - the new Z-man finesse craw, the new Missile Baits drop bomb or whatever it's called - but as far as new stuff coming out that usually ends up costing me money, I'd say this has been an uneventful iCast. I think I'm OK with that!

Agree that the deeper squarebill might be a really good one, but I've honestly been getting by with DTs at those depths. They'll do just as well as a squarebill in the vegetation I'm usually fishing.

Also: how in the world is Strike King getting away with the "Thunder Cricket?" Blade shape is different than Z-Man's (it appears to be the same shape you see on the Phenix Vibrator), but it's connected directly to the eye on the head and the head shape is a dead ringer to the Jackhammer. Guessing they've molded a loop into the lead so the blade isn't attached directly to the hook eye? Sort of a cheap way to get around the patent, but that's all I can think that would allow them to get away with it.
    Last edited by DrewFlu33; 07-13-2018 at 11:42 AM.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

7. Banned
    Tokyo rig didnt impress me much....since it looks like a bubba shot...or whatever its called when you drop shot with a extremely short leader. But with that said....you wont have to worry about line twist and can throw bigger baits even if it is just a glorified bubba shot.

I feel the same way drewFlu.....basically just the melee jig is all im fired up for! My wallets grateful thats the case! HAHAHA

Its funny that SK came out with a deeper diving squarebill now....and Im kinda mad about it! LOL Never knew about deeper diving squarebills....but then I found the Fat Free shad DD Squarebill...and ordered a few during the July 4th TW sale! I thought I was gonna be on the juice, and have a different looking bait other people arent (likely) throwing at my home lake......but now that SK makes one....yea....everyones gonna be throwing them at my home lake, guaranteed! Im a little salty about it! Im trying not to buy any more SK products anyway tho since they have just saturated the local stores....and the waters I fish! I dont live in a wealthy area of the country (not poor either tho)....so SK products and price points are right where they need to be for people from my city/lake to flock to them and throw more often than not......unfortunately! I like SK....but gotta be different to get the bites I want at my lake.

8. Banned
    Have you all looked up the Jika Rig?...even tho I hate to spill the juice! lol Thats my go to to fill the void I think the Tokyo Rigs aiming for....pretty sure it was inspired by it too imo.

I like the SK deep SB. I'm confident it will fish well on the local lakes deflecting off the rocks. Bomber has had a deep SB out for a while that has flown under the radar for the most part. They work which makes me confident the SK version will work.

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Quillback View Post
    I like the SK deep SB. I'm confident it will fish well on the local lakes deflecting off the rocks. Bomber has had a deep SB out for a while that has flown under the radar for the most part. They work which makes me confident the SK version will work.
    It flew under the radar for me up until a week or 2 before iCast when i bought a couple to try.....well it goes without saying.....deep diving SBs are gonna be a huge blip on the radar now that SK is making them!.....sadly! I thought I was on something new....wont be long before others start throwing them....just hope I dont see many of them at my local big box stores....then its over. Saturation! lol Just means I gotta go more to rapala cranks since people in my area dont wanna pay the extra $1 for those! hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by FishInTheDesert View Post
    It flew under the radar for me up until a week or 2 before iCast when i bought a couple to try.....well it goes without saying.....deep diving SBs are gonna be a huge blip on the radar now that SK is making them!.....sadly! I thought I was on something new....wont be long before others start throwing them....just hope I dont see many of them at my local big box stores....then its over. Saturation! lol Just means I gotta go more to rapala cranks since people in my area dont wanna pay the extra $1 for those! hahaha
    Yep, all we need is for KVD to win a tournament throwing them, LOL.

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Quillback View Post
    Yep, all we need is for KVD to win a tournament throwing them, LOL.
    Did you by any chance surf TW after and other tackle sites....and notice all were sold out of that brown craw when he won on it?! prolly coincidence

I think the gig is up....and I havent even had a chance to get in on the gig before it was up! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by FishInTheDesert View Post
    Have you all looked up the Jika Rig?...even tho I hate to spill the juice! lol Thats my go to to fill the void I think the Tokyo Rigs aiming for....pretty sure it was inspired by it too imo.
    I'm sure that's what it is. I'd even go a step further and say that's exactly what it is. Iaconelli made a trip to Japan either last winter or the winter before and came back making videos talking about the baits and techniques he saw there. Probably the one he was most excited about was the "punch shot" (which was a name he gave to the Jika Rig). I don't think it's a coincidence when his main hook sponsor comes out with it soon after ("soon" in the scope of design-test-manufacture-release, at least).

It even inspired me to make some. A swivel, skinny drop shot weight, and a couple split rings and you've got it. I used 3/4 oz weights and put heat shrink from the swivel to the lead on the weight to stop the clips and metal parts from grabbing weeds. Still tough to get it to come through the weeds cleanly which is why I haven't used it a whole lot. Bet it'd work great in the rocks though.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

13 fishing swimbaits. Did y'all see baitmans video on them? Those things look so freaking good and TW doesn't have them listed!

I will be getting the BAMF Shad 5.25
    Last edited by Jesse-C; 07-16-2018 at 09:26 PM.