Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Livescope seems to be pretty good slower approach keep fish close not to spook them away for crappie check out Josh Jones crappie guide Facebook some good videos

2. Member
    IMO the edge goes to LiveScope by far. I could write an epistle but I'll make it short.
    1. Everything is realtime. No lag.
    2. Fish are always shown against a water background. No fine tuning required. Set gain to Auto Medium and fish.
    3. You know the distance, direction and depth. The other gives you straight line distance.

It's not called the WMCD for nothing. Weapon of Mass Crappie Destruction.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

3. Member
    G4bama check out Josh Jones crappie guide face book page Livescope seems to be working for him very well. claims at 15 ft distance selection he can tell 8 inch crappie form 12 inch crappie requires slow speed stealth approach not to scare fish to zoom in on crappie on livescope viewing Josh can put jig in front of biggest crappie on a brush pile with livescope. i love crappie fishing no catching livescope will be deadly once you can zoom in on a individual fish practice catch and release.

4. Member
    I will say this as best electronics and best of show Garmin public relations needs to step up get out tutorials videos send out more live on water videos by pro anglers if your going for runner up your on track if you want to be a winner step it up!! To number 1.

5. Member
    9" echomap plus unit in simulation mode and it would be nice to be able to zoom in on a specific zone in the livescope view. Copy and paste hint
    Last edited by Flickershad; 07-17-2018 at 12:17 PM.

6. Member
    Hmmm. Split screen with Panoptix and LiveScope. Hmmm.

7. Member
    panoptix livescope videoclip

8. Member
    I have watched some of Josh's videos and they are impressive. LiveScope on the front seems to be the logical choice at the moment.
    2023 Triton 18TRX
    2023 Mercury 200 Pro XS
    80# Ultrex IPilot Link
    Helix 12 Mega SI & Garmin Livescope w/ 1242XSV GPSmap

9. Banned
    2d shows the same info as the down IMO. he could use some help on that interference though

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MonteSS View Post
    So if looking for fish, wouldnt the old style panoptix that inflates it to a bigger blob be preferable?

Obviously you would not see structure as well as the Livescope.
    MonteSS makes a point here worth considering. Of course, every technology has it advantages and disadvantes, strong and weak points. It may be a while before I try to say anything conclusive, but I am using both the PS22 and LiveScope at the same time. I don't like them on the same screen at the same time though. Maybe if I had a 16 inch screen but in trying to use both on one screen at the same time it looks like 12 inches is not enough.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

11. Member
    That perch video on post #27 is the best real world video I have seen yet. Stripers, white perch and crappie would be in a lot of trouble if I had that. If it was a direct plug into the unit with no black box I would buy one today for any amount they wanted to charge. Hopefully they refresh their units and make it a direct plug into the unit from the transducer. I want this bad!

12. BBC SPONSOR
    Don't let the black box stop you, mine fit great right up in the corner of my drivers rod box. I went with a buddy Saturday in his boat crappie fishing and after two hours I told him we have to get my boat, we are fishing blind. Put his on the trailer, got mine and went to work. It makes you so efficient! No fish, move to the next pile, no guessing!

13. Member
    Your killing me Shooter!

14. Member
    Yea, I have two black boxes mounted on a piece of plywood inside a rod locker. Not it the way, don't see them.

SE Kansas grass grower

ROCK CHALK

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickershad View Post
    9" echomap plus unit in simulation mode and it would be nice to be able to zoom in on a specific zone in the livescope view. Copy and paste hint
    Great idea. LiveScope with pinch to Zoom.

16. Member
    Ive pretty much written off Livescope for now, but then Leonard mentions its ability for bottom fishing.

Now its time to consider it again

I fish mainly for cats on my river and our prolific carp can make it hard to know which is which. Is Livescope finally the answer?

17. Member
    rocket man found and posted a link to an excellent video on LiveScope. A must watch.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=919697&p=9523044

18. Member
    Nice to start seeing some real life videos.

19. Member
    Watched Paul Muller's side by side of PS22 and Livescope. Impressive tools.
    Leonard- very interested in your side by side of forward looking of both. ETA?
    i have 93Sv and PS22 and trying to figure out if Livescope replacement or addition is worth it.
    Also for bass <10' of water and grass does it play?

20. Member
    Can't help you with less than 10 ft of water. Never fish there. No ETA yet. If I was using a 16" screen I would be more comfortable posting a comparison showing both on the same screen. Squishing the two panels down to fit just so I can say I'm showing both is not something I will do. I want it to be something that I feel like other users could reasonable expect to see under normal fishing conditions. The least screen I recommend for the PS22 is a 7 inch screen. The least screen I recommend for the LiveScope is a 9 inch screen. When I show both on the same screen it is NOT what I normally see using either. While I was glad to see the video I linked above, that's not normal for me. For what I am doing I want the range set to 70 ft and the depth around 60 ft. I already did the crappie thing in shallower water and I'm okay with how I represented that, meaning if you were in similar water and had the depth and range set the same way, that's what you can reasoably expect to see. That's what I am aiming for now in deeper water. I'll get it, maybe this week. The videos may be separate videos though.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast