rappahannock river

I am looking for a different place to go for green fish. This is only 40ish more miles past hope springs on the Potomac, is it worth checking it out? I saw on Charlie taylor fishing report that fishing is "consistent" between green bay and leedstown. Not looking for baits or tactics just if it worth going to.

Thanks

PM sent

3. mikesxpress
    Taylor's stuff is a repeat year after year. He just adds a few new baits he saw at BPS.
    Your green fish opportunities in the Rap are are going to be relegated to much smaller and fewer fish than the Potomac but you will have less boat traffic and that jet in there would be fun.

Unfortunately, the jet isn't with me any more. Moved up to a big tub, 521 a little over two years ago.

5. mikesxpress
    Unless you go waaaay down the river that boat will be tight in there.

Ok, I think I will just stay in the Potomac.
    I do miss the "pitchablity" of the tin rig, but I wanted to start fishing much larger water and PA stopped allowing bass fishing on the majority of the Susquehanna and Juniata rivers in the spring. My biggest issue I discovered, and only once, was that if you get hung up you can't just go get it. Once that tub gets moving, 101lb of aft thrust ain't enough to stop it in time. Bought a lure retriever next.

7. Member
    Don't sleep on the rapp...it has fantastic fishing...

8. Member
    The Rapp has great fishing, and it will get better VDGIF has stocked the river with the Fla/Northern strain fish. The challenge of the river is it can get muddy fast after a rain and stay that way along time. The limited ramps make it a challenge as well, I launch a Hop yard or port royal, however there are a few others with decent access. ( I have a 520c Ranger I put int he river) Unlike the Potomac where your live well is full of crayfish, your wells will be full of shad/small fish bits.

2023 Phoenix 920 Elite
    2023 Mercury Pro XS 4S