Thread: Z19?

Z19?

Starting to look for another boat and would like to be in a 18-19 footer....I am skeptical of the z19s cause there are so many used ones for sale compared to other brands 19ft boats. Anyone have an idea why?

Because they sell 3 times as many?

3. Member
    Only thing wrong with new Nitro's are the reputations of 1980 models. They have stepped up the Quality in recent years. At least in my opinion,my z-7 is 4 years old and has not had any problems or been back to dealer.

4. Member
    My Z19 is starting to be one of my favorites and I have owned Ranger, Stratos, Triton and Skeeter in my past. It fishes and runs as well as any of them and so far no quality issues.
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119

5. Member
    The z19 is a great performing, fishes great, and has a lot of deck space. The best way to think if a nitro is to think of a Kia. Rough start and now one of the nicest and affordable cars on the road.

6. Member
    I love my BassCats but would not worry a bit about owning a Nitro. I think they make a damn fine boat. And the Z19 is sweet! My brother in law has an ‘04 482 and it runs and fishes great.

I got to fish out a Z19 this past weekend, I was impressed. Nice ride, good performamnce.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

8. Member
    Bought a new one in February. Came from a zx225 and I'm very impressed. I have no regrets. Rides well, fishes better than my zx225. I would buy another one in a heartbeat.

9. Member
    I don't know why there are so many for sale, but I love my Z19. Just bought it in May. My only problem is that is has so much storage, I keep buying stuff to fill it up!

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick2018 View Post
    I don't know why there are so many for sale, but I love my Z19. Just bought it in May. My only problem is that is has so much storage, I keep buying stuff to fill it up!
    It was hard but I managed. The $1K gift card from BPS certainly helped.
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119

I am on my second Z19 the reason I’m selling mine is my 2019 will be ordered at the end of the month.my 2017 was amazing my 2018 is amazing the ride the speed the fish ability everything about it says fishing machine.
    Clay Harris "LA" lower Alabama
    All you gotta do is catch 5

I'm with TOAD! Should have my 2017 Z19 sold in a couple of weeks and will be ordering a new 2019 Z19 immediately... Love this rig... Honestly one of the best boats I have ever owned from a Ranger, Triton and Stratos that I all liked as well.
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

13. Member
    KCLOST
    I will enjoy the Z19 as much as you did. Look forward to picking it up on August 6 or before.
    Last edited by my47ply; 07-16-2018 at 04:08 PM.

14. Member
    Buddy just purchased a Z19 and its a fine fishing machine. So far he has had no issues. Solid and stable fishing platform.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigman78 View Post
    The z19 is a great performing, fishes great, and has a lot of deck space. The best way to think if a nitro is to think of a Kia. Rough start and now one of the nicest and affordable cars on the road.
    For the love of bass gods, please do not ever compare Nitro to kia ....

I own a z19 and its the perfect mid-size boat. Definitely don't gimp and get dual axle and 200hp. I live on Champlain and it hangs out in big water all day. Its a 70mph boat with just me all day. Co and gear, 67-68. The Z19 lacks storage so glad I have the port console for extra storage.
    The big hose running from the motor to the boat sits on fiberglass and wears it out over time, simple fix with some surfboard adhesive to prevent wear.
    80# fortrex is a little weak for this size boat(imo). Upgraded to a ultrex 112 36v system and this thing and a dock machine now along with off-shore big waves now, stays right on spot.
    Seats are probably the most comfortable out there and I have sat in a lot of boats as a co. Rides higher (seating) than most. Takes a little getting used to but now I don't even notice and it feels good.
    Hole shot is dumb. 200hp, 25p fury(no plugs) and I don't even have time to count before I'm on pad.
    Livewells with oxygenators kept smallmouth alive in 78+ degrees of water all day long without issue. My fish were the most lively at weight in and I caught them all before 9am and weighted in at 3pm.

B

Bob

16. Member
    A lot of people do not realize that Johnny Morris did not create Nitro!
    Nitro was a boat company (I believe in Texas) he bought them out in 1989!

Nitro has done nothing but gotten better, seriously the ride is one of the best out there. Always love when I would draw a Nitro Z8 when I fished co on the BFL's on Lake of the Ozarks! I knew my back would not be hurting at the end of the day!!!

I own a z19 and its the perfect mid-size boat. Definitely don't gimp and get dual axle and 200hp. I live on Champlain and it hangs out in big water all day. Its a 70mph boat with just me all day. Co and gear, 67-68. The Z19 lacks storage so glad I have the port console for extra storage.
    The big hose running from the motor to the boat sits on fiberglass and wears it out over time, simple fix with some surfboard adhesive to prevent wear.
    80# fortrex is a little weak for this size boat(imo). Upgraded to a ultrex 112 36v system and this thing and a dock machine now along with off-shore big waves now, stays right on spot.
    Seats are probably the most comfortable out there and I have sat in a lot of boats as a co. Rides higher (seating) than most. Takes a little getting used to but now I don't even notice and it feels good.
    Hole shot is dumb. 200hp, 25p fury(no plugs) and I don't even have time to count before I'm on pad.
    Livewells with oxygenators kept smallmouth alive in 78+ degrees of water all day long without issue. My fish were the most lively at weight in and I caught them all before 9am and weighted in at 3pm.
    Agree 100% on the dual axle and motor... Speed as well.
    The Harness (hose) is surprising, mine shows no sign of wearing out, but there is a big difference between Champlain and my area lakes...
    The 80# fortress imo is perfect for this boat, more than enough power. I have switched to the 80# Ultrex and have not had any power issues at all, not even close.. But again, not fishing Champlain...lol
    Great seats... And mine are still looking new! No fading, rips, etc... Very comfortable...
    Livewells are most likely competing with the best out there, if not at the top, with the oxygenators. Plus there is the cooling option to make them even better.....
    Last edited by KCLOST; 07-19-2018 at 10:00 AM.
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KCLOST View Post
    Agree 100% on the dual axle and motor... Speed as well.
    The Harness (hose) is surprising, mine shows no sign of wearing out, but there is a big difference between Champlain and my area lakes...
    The 80# fortress imo is perfect for this boat, more than enough power. I have switched to the 80# Ultrex and have not had any power issues at all, not even close.. But again, not fishing Champlain...lol
    Great seats... And mine are still looking new! No fading, rips, etc... Very comfortable...
    Livewells are most likely competing with the best out there, if not at the top, with the oxygenators. Plus there is the cooling option to make them even better.....
    The hose is just a little long so when its being towed and the motor is on the trailer tote the hose sits on the fiberglass. It just wears out over time. Pic attached.

Attached Images Attached Images

19. Member
    I saying how both had a rough start. I've owed. 3 nitros and 1 procraft. And enjoyed them all