Thread: Which to buy?

Which to buy?

I have very little experience with new imaging technology. I have a Simrad Go7 xse with totalscan that I've used one time. My boat came with 2 Lowrance Hook 7 DI that I have removed because I want to setup an ethernet network. I just bought a new gen1 helix 9 si that I got a really good deal on. For the second unit, I'm considering either the Helix 9 mega si or a gen1 Helix 12 si. I can get both new for about the same price. Which would you buy or do you recommend going a different route? I generally bass/crappie fish waters 20 feet or less.

I'd go with the 10 mega .... go up to the 10 if you can fit it in your budget. The DI is MUCH better than the G1 SI since the 9 or 10 will have a dedicated DI element in the transucer. The clarity of the mega imaging is the best.
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**
    __________________________________________________ ___

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

3. Member
    Thanks for the input. I considered the 10 mega, but it definitely stretches my budget. I just wasn’t sure it the extra expense would be worth it for me. I’m going to give them another look.

4. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    I considered 9's, but went with a pair of the 10's.

The difference in display sharpness is CONSIDERABLY BETTER.

They always say : "It's only an inch, but the SQUARE inches of display are again, CONSIDERABLY BETTER ...
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/