Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by tharris811 View Post
    They are towing my boat on my boat trailer. Don't think I would want them to load them on a trailer. To much chance of something happening going on are off.
    How do you think the boat manufactures ship em? New cars are loaded on trailers at the factory. I have hauled bulldozers and even an Army tank, both were driven onto the trailer.

$1 a mile is really cheap. Someone using his own tow equipment, and the expenses he would occur. A trucker driving a company truck no money out of his pocket makes .60-.65 a mile.

2. Member
    Just curious I maybe getting a boat about a thousand miles from me and was looking at options instead of driving to get it. Thx.

3. Member
    Any other companies guys can recommend- U SHIP is only one so far I have received about $1.00 a mile.
    Looking for a Missouri to NJ or even shorter to PA 19 FOOT boat ON A VERY ROAD WORTHY TRAILER pick up with insurance...…..

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by txsunfish View Post
    Just curious I maybe getting a boat about a thousand miles from me and was looking at options instead of driving to get it. Thx.
    If you dont pick it up yourself make sure a reputable mechanic looks it over before buying.
    John Wolff
    2003 Allison XB21 2+2
    2003 Mercury 250xs

5. Member
    Great thx!

6. Member
    ttt

7. Member
    I am having a boat shipped from OH to WA and am using:

TimStodola (USCG Veteran)
    National AccountManager
    [IMG]file:///C:/Users/zethk/AppData/Local/Packages/microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe/TempState/msohtmlclip/clip_image001.png[/IMG]
    19119 Rogers Road
    Odessa, Florida 33556-4126
    Toll Free: 1-800-926-2875 ext 418
    Phone: 813-920-8200 ext 418
    Fax: 813-920-9844
    www.allboatmovers.com
    www.boatsexpress.com
    Tim@allboatmovers.com

8. Member
    P.S. when using U-ship you get all walks of life that do not have cargo insurance so if something happens. you'll be out of luck. I am paying 3100 for the move. 1.25 per mile. I received quotes for anything from 2k to 7k

9. Member

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ZethKinnettFishing View Post
    P.S. when using U-ship you get all walks of life that do not have cargo insurance so if something happens. you'll be out of luck. I am paying 3100 for the move. 1.25 per mile. I received quotes for anything from 2k to 7k
    Exactly, if they don't have the correct insurance and something happens the outcome won't be good. I wouldn't trust anyone for under $1.50/mile.

11. Member
    how do you know what is considered the correct insurance?

12. Member
    I also used Tim from All boat movers.com -middle road price but what makes them the top choice out there is the professionalism and instant communication on any questions you have along the way . They have $100,000 cargo insurance And I use there driver named Bob and he was very pleasant and great to deal with. This was my first boat move using a transport service and I couldn’t be more happy with the experience . Give Tim a call tell him John recommended your service!

I have had 3 boats shipped from CA to VA ranging from 24' to 12'. All were carried on a flat bed tractor trailer and prices were from $3k to $3.5K. They were all 7 to 10 years ago. Add on the price of a flat bed tow truck to load if no loading dock available. I am not a gambling man and did not want to have to rely on the "road worthy" trailer I was purchasing. My recommendations:
    Don't go cheapest
    Get a copy of the contract in advance - don't wait to blindly sign something when the tower shows up.
    Get a copy of haulers insurance docs in advance and make sure they are incorporated into the contract
    If they are towing using your trailer find out who is responsible for whatever may happen. Trailer breaks down and hauler leaves it on side of road to get parts/assistance. Returns to nothing...who is responsible?

14. Joe4d
    pack a lunch,, get a buddie,, Road trip !

Quote Originally Posted by FishinDad View Post
    Wish I would have known. I just went round trip to the Chicago area and back to Philly. You could have covered my travel expenses and we would of had a win-win.
    I used to frequent a boating forum that had a board for things like this. It amazed me just how many boat moves and similar tasks were completed by other board members.

creekchub - check forums at screamandfly.com. Used to be a guy on there that hauled boats for a fair price and there were a lot of good references for him.

16. Member
    I moved by boat already - done deal went a smooth as possible -Check out Tim's company you wont be disappointed!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12