Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    Your buddy does realize who was there when the ranger tins got started right?
    I never thought about that.

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by D.O.C. 989 View Post
    One pole same deal otherwise with the Rt188, There's been quite a few threads on this topic on the Tin board

Niiiiccceee!!!! Just sent this to my buddy. Thank you!

4. Member
    This is all very disheartening. I'm in my 60s -- have been shopping tins and was leaning towards a new Crestliner VT18 w ProXS 4S.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by spcrangle View Post
    This is all very disheartening. I'm in my 60s -- have been shopping tins and was leaning towards a new Crestliner VT18 w ProXS 4S.
    No worries.
    Good boat But I'm sure that you could search problems and get discouraged with any brand, Glass or Aluminum. Buy what you want.

6. Member
    I have no idea about the % of failures but I do know they are selling a ton of these boats. I see multiple tin Rangers every time I go to the lake!!

7. Banned
    Maybe Vexus is getting it right, time will tell. I know a lot of people are not all that thrilled with the HP ratings Vexus has but just maybe they know something more about tin boats than they are getting credit for. I can't remember for sure but i don't think they allow just anyone to put power poles on their boats and i think you can only have one.
    wait exist will have plenty negative posts just like other brands

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chris c View Post
    I dealt with this crap a few years ago. I’m the original owner of an 07 521. After discovering my transom was broken, they had a rep look at it at the dealership. Dropped off to the dealer in may, got it back in late October early November. Boat looked like it had aged 10 years from being left outside, cover was left inside the boat. I called and raised hell, they said they don’t cover boats there for repair, and couldn’t give 2 s#%ts about the damage to my boat. I had just recarpeted the whole boat, new seats, new rubber the previous year. Now it all needs to be done again. I posted on here but some people didn’t like what I had to say.... I wouldn’t buy a ranger if they were the last boat left on the face of the earth. Shame what was done to that company.
    dont think Johnny owned ranger then did he?

9. Member
    I had one of the first RT 188' s in 2013. Kept it for 3 years, fished on some fairly big lakes, Never had one single issue. Best boat I ever had.

If I had to buy a new one today, I would buy the Lund Renegade 18 foot Rivited mod V boat they now offer. Personally I have more confidence in a Rivited tin than a Welded Tin boat. A riveted boat allows just a small amount of flex, whereas a weld will crack.

10. Banned
    I'm exhausted... Dan

What model Ranger aluminum boat are these pictures from? I own an RT188 bass boat and I do not recognize that area anywhere on my boat. The carpet on the RT bass models does not corner at the splash well. It runs straight across the entire transom from one side to the other.

Last edited by Skeeterbait; 07-19-2018 at 09:21 AM.

Thousands of Ranger and Triton tins out there. Most are being enjoyed by non bbc member owners.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish Boy View Post
    Yup! Just hoping that cs might be better and more bugs are worked out. For some reason he is stuck on tin boats.
    Nothing wrong with a tin boat. Looking at the vexus transom it looks super strong but I dont know what the ranger looks like to compare it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chainslinger1959 View Post
    dont think Johnny owned ranger then did he?
    No but it's still his fault damn it lol

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spinningreel View Post
    Personally I have more confidence in a Rivited tin than a Welded Tin boat. A riveted boat allows just a small amount of flex, whereas a weld will crack.
    Arent airplanes assembled using rivets etc instead of welding due to this reason ???? I know you can look out while flying in turbulence and be amazed at how much flex those wings have.

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeterbait View Post
    What model Ranger aluminum boat are these pictures from? I own an RT188 bass boat and I do not recognize that area anywhere on my boat. The carpet on the RT bass models does not corner at the splash well. It runs straight across the entire transom from one side to the other.

I own a 2017 rv 188 and was thinking same thing

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pa.X19 View Post
    Is this a 188 or 198 ? Or ? I must of missed that in this thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish Boy View Post
    188 with a 115 merc 4 stroke
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeterbait View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chainslinger1959 View Post
    I own a 2017 rv 188 and was thinking same thing
    Hmmmmmmm... The plot thickens... Dan

18. Ohio Fishing Reports Moderator omcforever's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan210Elite View Post
    I'm exhausted... Dan

Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill !!

Went back over my boat this evening comparing the posted pictures. Those pictures ARE NOT of a Ranger RT model.

Welded Aluminum boat....You ever seen any welding on an air plane? Welding aluminum requires that its done a exact temperature and 90% its not.

If your gonna spend money on aluminum boat. Buy a riveted on.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast