Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Ranger transom failure on newer boats

Alright so my best friend has a 2014 tin ranger that he bought brand new and his transom failed about 2 months ago. The welds are all breaking and you can see light through it. He contacted both ranger and his dealer and ranger said take it to dealer and they will have a driver come pick it up for warranty work down at the plant. My friend asked if he personally could just trailer it down to the plant to avoid waiting 2 weeks for the driver to come pick it up northern Wisconsin. My friend was going to drive it down to them on his own time and dime they said no we cannot do that. So this all happened over 2 months ago dealer called today and said the boat still has not been picked up and they don't know when it will be picked up!!!???!?? Previous conversations with ranger when he asked when he could expect for it be done has been we don't know but you can use it until complete failure happens........so use it till the motor falls off and he sinks? His dealer has been trying to work with ranger as well as himself and both are not getting anywhere with this issue. What kind of customer service is this when you drop $35k on a brand new boat and it structurally fails????

Anyone have to deal with Ranger warranty services with complete structural failures such as this recently?
    2018 Nitro Z21

I'm better than you
    http://www.facebook.com/vincent.hytry

2. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    Who did he ask? the dealer or someone at ranger? I'd load it up and show up at the ranger plant demanding to speak to someone. If what you say is totally true, it's a damn shame. Hope he gets satisfaction and soon.

Dale Sinclair original

If someone at ranger told him to use it until complete failure I would just have them put that in writing, take photos to document the broken transom that they are telling him to drive with and then be a very rich man once it gives completely.

4. Member
    Ha.... I would just show up at the plant and ask which bay I should back it into.

I'm sorry it's a 2015 and he's been down since late May. He has all emails from ranger saved and all emails from his dealer saved. He tried talking to ranger today and the man was of zero help. I guess his next step is a letter from an attorney.

Never delt with Ranger personally but your in peak prime boating season. Sounds like he needs to get on the phone or do what he said he was going to do take it to the ranger plant personally what are they going to do ? they going to turn him away that way he can talk to the the source instead of having to deal with hand-me-downs from dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by BigSexyPhoenix View Post
    If someone at ranger told him to use it until complete failure I would just have them put that in writing, take photos to document the broken transom that they are telling him to drive with and then be a very rich man once it gives completely.
    That's exactly what I told him and I hate to say this about my best friend but he is too nice of a guy sometimes and not enough back bone to be a di$k when he has to be.

8. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    I honestly do not remember hearing stories like this before they got bought. Used to call them for questions or help and the person who answered knew everything about the boats. Last time I called about mine I wondered if the person who answered knew I was talking about a boat.... Hope he gets his issue resolved soon.
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

9. Member
    Lets just say if you are not talking to the CEO of the company then you ain't gone far enough up the food chain at the Ranger Boats Company.
    Jerry "Rat-L-Trap" Lehman
    Never Enough "Traps"
    Triton TR-21 Merc Optimax 225
    Living Life Large at Toledo Bend

Quote Originally Posted by bdog7198 View Post
    I honestly do not remember hearing stories like this before they got bought. Used to call them for questions or help and the person who answered knew everything about the boats. Last time I called about mine I wondered if the person who answered knew I was talking about a boat.... Hope he gets his issue resolved soon.
    When I had my old 97 ranger I needed new leaf springs and a new gas cap so I called them and told them what I needed and they promptly to the correct person who handled all of it and got the parts to my door step in 3 days and charged me $120 for 2 leaf springs and a gas cap shipping included. That was 4 years ago though.

11. Member
    That is just not right. I would not be a happy camper.

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish Boy View Post
    When I had my old 97 ranger I needed new leaf springs and a new gas cap so I called them and told them what I needed and they promptly to the correct person who handled all of it and got the parts to my door step in 3 days and charged me $120 for 2 leaf springs and a gas cap shipping included. That was 4 years ago though.
    Yep, different owners then. I have no faith in the new owners, so the OP's issue is not at all surprising.

If anyone has had this happen or know anyone that it has or is going through it please leave some info.

14. Member
    One of the guys involved with the Crappie tournaments here has had transom issues with his tin Ranger. If you PM Eyra Kid on here he may be able to give you some better info as he has fished with the guy on occasion i think.

I'm sorry it's a 2015 and he's been down since late May. He has all emails from ranger saved and all emails from his dealer saved. He tried talking to ranger today and the man was of zero help. I guess his next step is a letter from an attorney.
    As much as I hate lawyers, they are useful on rare occasions. I would consider it at this point.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

16. Member
    You may be able to reach the guy on facebook, i believe his name is Dustin Hobbs and he either runs the Kansas Crappie Trail or fishes it. They are on facebook.

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by local16 View Post
    Who did he ask? the dealer or someone at ranger? I'd load it up and show up at the ranger plant demanding to speak to someone. If what you say is totally true, it's a damn shame. Hope he gets satisfaction and soon.
    YEP!
    There's a few guys that have threads on this subject on the Tin board.
    Last edited by pa.X19; 07-12-2018 at 10:54 AM.

I'm looking to downsize, thought about going to tin. Rethought that after a post on here about switching and switching back to glass. I have looked at quite a few 18fters, different brands. Looked at some Ranger 18fters, I like Rangers, I have never owned one but fished out of quite a few. I don't think I could put up with a company that jerked me around. I just don't need that in my life.
    Use it until complete failure????

I just ordered parts from Ranger for my 05, called the factory, asked for parts, told him what I needed and 2 days later had them on my porch. Plenty of guys on the Ranger board will tell you the same thing, no issues getting what we need and customer service is still top notch. Your friend isn't dealing with the right people.

20. Member
    When a manufacturer says bolting a power pole or talon to the transom will void the warranty it makes me question the structural integrity from the start. Document everything and tell them you need a signed letter stating to use the boat until complete failure and that they will cover ALL damages as a result of that failure.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast