Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonJT View Post
    Come on now. Do you really think they are going to shutter production for a year, during a decade high boat sales rate, and start back 12 months later? That would require " the willing suspension of disbelief".
    Well Corvette did it in 1983

2. Banned
    Boating industry has not been good since 2008 . Legends must not have been selling in sufficient numbers to keep it going.
    plain and simple . Their have been many before that bit the dust so what.
    look on the bright side maybe they will go for cheap lol.
    J D

3. Member
    they were only selling a bout 300 boats per year, cant make it in todays market like that , especially when Pheonix jumped from 350 to over 700 in 2 years , legnd is a fine boat , but the business must be sustainable , they should have never sold out to JM if they wanted it to stay an option in the boat world,
    1996 Javelin 409T DC /225 Johnson Venom

4. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by darryl1966 View Post
    they were only selling a bout 300 boats per year, cant make it in todays market like that , especially when Pheonix jumped from 350 to over 700 in 2 years , legnd is a fine boat , but the business must be sustainable , they should have never sold out to JM if they wanted it to stay an option in the boat world,
    doesn’t BassCat only build 200 to 300 boats a year ?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sclark View Post
    doesn’t BassCat only build 200 to 300 boats a year ?
    Last numbers I saw had Legend around 175-200, and Basscat around 350. Why don't you post the most recent retail registration numbers of all fiberglass manufacturers? I'm sure you guy subscribe to the service.

6. Member
    Allison builds less and is still here.
    Allison XB21 Prosport Mercury Racing 250XS with a 1.75 Sporty

Last year Legend was under 200 boats sold and Basscat wat around 350-375. Basscat just broke ground on an expansion that will increase production to meet demand. It’s evidently been a good year for BC. Regardless it’s a shame to see Legend go, they made a great boat.

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NOTGSXR View Post
    Allison builds less and is still here.
    I thought I read somewhere that Bullet only made around 100 boats in 2016. Surely that can't be true.

Bill

[QUOTE=Aries 181;9506096]I thought I read somewhere that Bullet only made around 100 boats in 2016. Surely that can't be true.

Bill[/QUOTE
    I think it’s less that that...around 60 I think.

10. Member
    What did the Legend Owners Facebook page say?

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sports1 View Post
    What did the Legend Owners Facebook page say?
    Pete at Legend told members they will not be producing any Legends for 2019 and the future does not look good but he would not commit to say the boat design is done so theres slight hope the hull is rebadged.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by waco oso View Post
    Pete at Legend told members they will not be producing any Legends for 2019 and the future does not look good but he would not commit to say the boat design is done so theres slight hope the hull is rebadged.

Okay thanks.

Hey JT it really doesn't matter what I believe.
    You said to call up a dealer and ask, I just called up the factory and asked and they told me there is no production for 2019.
    Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by TritonJT View Post
    Come on now. Do you really think they are going to shutter production for a year, during a decade high boat sales rate, and start back 12 months later? That would require " the willing suspension of disbelief".
    @captainmorganlegend

14. Member
    Guys I just found out that Legends hull is back in business. Nitro boats is coming out with a new line up. The all new Nitro-Legend
    V20. The boat will compete with the Ranger Z520L icons and existing Legends and Phoniex PHX.

15. Member
    Well not only did big Johnny drive up prices, he also is putting a hurting on towns up in n Arkansas, and he runs around acting like he is a pioneer for the sport. Won’t get anymore of my money!!

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam378 View Post
    Well not only did big Johnny drive up prices, he also is putting a hurting on towns up in n Arkansas, and he runs around acting like he is a pioneer for the sport. Won’t get anymore of my money!!
    How did he drive up prices? Nitros are some of the most reasonably priced bass boats out there. Legands were pretty up there in price.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Morgan View Post
    Hey JT it really doesn't matter what I believe.
    You said to call up a dealer and ask, I just called up the factory and asked and they told me there is no production for 2019.
    Simple as that.
    Glad to know someone has first hand knowledge that they have discontinued production for the "2019 model year". If that's the case, make no mistake it over for Legend.

18. Member
    I just took over the service and parts department at a dealer here that is also a legend dealer and we got the memo that 2018 would be the last year for legend. They are moving something else into that factory for production is what our rep told us.
    Eric Anderson
    Nashville Boating Center

19. Member
    I thought the rumor from the begining was he bought the plant to move Triton production there. That he wanted the plant only. Not the boat brand. Thats exactly what he did.

Body in North GA (Lake Lanier) - Heart in KS
    I still want one but just cant afford it! Maybe soon?
    2008 ChampioN 198 / 225 Opti ProXS! 1999 187 DC Elite / Merc 175 efi & 1989 184 DCR /Merc 175 xri

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12