Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Have you fished 3 people on it? If so did it feel cramped?

2. Member
    No I have not fished 3 people yet. I think fishing 3 would not be a problem if everyone knows what they are doing. What I mean by that is casting angles do no one gets hooked. I have fished 2 big guys on the front deck without an issue so another person could easily have been on the rear deck. 2 big guys that were 250 lbs each was easy to do. Boat was still very stable.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertdog619 View Post
    After considerable thought and a few sleepless nights of trying to decide, the merry go round finally stopped yesterday on "buy the boat". So I went with my first gut instinct which is to get the bigger faster boat. The reasons have been debated on this site in other threads but as I said before its better to have the hp and not use it all than to need it and not have it. So I went with the 1980 in the Victor red color with the Mercury 150 ProXS. You cant really argue with the logic of, it will cruise at 45 mph easily with a full boat load of bodies and tackle all day long without working hard. Then for those times when I do a road trip to much bigger water, I have the power or speed to light it up a little bit if I want. I got the tilt steering, 80# Ultrex, 2 of the 10" HBird Helix mega units linked and mounted on brackets. Jack plate, center seat and separate coin box, will also have a hot foot throttle installed. Now I just need to relax and wait for this baby to show up.
    Did they advise you on how the middle seat comes out or how to get to the hardware holding it in? I would like to have the middle seat and a center coin box to swap in and out depending on the season.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbug View Post
    Did they advise you on how the middle seat comes out or how to get to the hardware holding it in? I would like to have the middle seat and a center coin box to swap in and out depending on the season.
    I was going to do the same thing but after talking to them I decided it was too much to swap them in and out. I went with the coin box since it can be used as a seat if needed. You must remove the seats and coin box, then remove the carpeted support box the seats are mounted on. You can only access hardware for mounting from underneath the top of this panel box. You must be careful because gas tank is mounted inside this panel box.?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertdog619 View Post
    I was going to do the same thing but after talking to them I decided it was too much to swap them in and out. I went with the coin box since it can be used as a seat if needed. You must remove the seats and coin box, then remove the carpeted support box the seats are mounted on. You can only access hardware for mounting from underneath the top of this panel box. You must be careful because gas tank is mounted inside this panel box.?
    That is what I thought might be the case. That they screwed or bolted the middle seat from the bottom of the carpeted panel that runs the width of the seating area. Thanks for posting this info.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456