Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
  1. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar

2. Member
    Well, today was the day I picked up the new 2019 VeXus 1980 boat. I will say Complete Marine in Phoenix was super easy to deal with and extremely helpful. Thank you John Henry and Layne. Awesome dealership. My boat came with a nice surprise which was an autograph by Forrest Wood directly to me. So stoked to be able to get it out on the water tomorrow for a break in trial run. Tandem trailer towed very smooth all the way back from Phoenix. Big Thank you to Keith Daffron for getting Forrest to sign my boat!!! Big Thank you to Keith Tripp for delivering what I wanted on time!!! You VeXus guys Rock. The quality construction jumps out at you when see these boats in person and the paint job is rediculously good. I believe God will be blessing your efforts in a big way.!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Love the colors. Good luck with the new boat

4. Member
    That's awesome!! Congrats and enjoy!!
    2019 Vexus 1880 w/ Mercury Pro-XS 115 4-stroke, MK 80lb Fortex, Twin Helix 7 Birds, Pro II PowerPole. AEguideservice.com

5. Member
    Congrats! Beautiful boat!

6. bayousmallie
    Yes very nice enjoy. Take some photos.
    Finally my boat should be starting to be built this week. Can’t wait
    hope it will be ready by the first or second week of November.
    In time for the fall redfish and speckled trout run.

7. Member
    It certainly rides like a glass boat and feels very stable and solid. Obviously Still going thru engine break in but I did run it up to 58 mph a couple time briefly. Trimmed up it feels excellent at that speed. I’m very pleased with my decision to get the 1980.

8. bayousmallie
    Good deal. I’m also very happy with my deal on the 1980 c.c.
    How long was the wait, from start of build. To delivery to your dealer?
    Thanks

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bayousmallie View Post
    Good deal. I’m also very happy with my deal on the 1980 c.c.
    How long was the wait, from start of build. To delivery to your dealer?
    Thanks
    At time of ordering in July, I was told 10 weeks. Boat was delivered to dealership in exactly 10 weeks. I picked it up 1 week later.

10. bayousmallie
    Thanks

11. Member
    I fished one of our local lakes on Sunday. I was first in line at the gate when a guy pulled up behind me with a really nice Ranger glass boat. First thing he said was. Is that a new VeXus? I’ve been wanting to see what they look like. I said yes it’s the 1980. As he looked it over pretty closely, he said damn this thing is REALLY nice. He then went on to tell me that he guides on the local lakes and has fished local tourney for years. He said Keith Tripp helped him get in his first Ranger. Nice guy. I admit it was to nice to hear a strong compliment on the boat from a Ranger guy.

12. Member
    do u feel like the 80 lb thrust is enough ion the 1980. Most 20 glass boats have 100 plus but since its lighter assuming it is enough. I pick my summit white up tomorrow with ultrex. Course its stock dealer model and not the graphs I want but easy fix later, rest is what I wanted. will also add jackplate for poles. I should prob change my name now to Vexusag99
    Jeremy
    Texas A&M \'99

13. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SkeeterAg99 View Post
    do u feel like the 80 lb thrust is enough ion the 1980. Most 20 glass boats have 100 plus but since its lighter assuming it is enough. I pick my summit white up tomorrow with ultrex. Course its stock dealer model and not the graphs I want but easy fix later, rest is what I wanted. will also add jackplate for poles. I should prob change my name now to Vexusag99

Welcome to the family

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SkeeterAg99 View Post
    Nice. Congrats. I guess it depends on how heavy the wind is blowing but overall, yes the 80 lb TM is good. You can always upgrade later.

15. Member
    I'm going to the KC boat show this weekend to sit down with George from Vexus and go over the 1880 and 1980. We do not have any big waters here in SW Iowa and most lakes with in a 2-hour radius, are mostly no wake or 40 mph speed limit. I just can not make my mind up between the two. A foot more and some more ponies and it's $6,800 more. Not going to being doing any tournament fishing, just weekend fishing and getting out and relaxing.

Did you go painted trailer or go aluminum frame upgrade? If you went Alum, can I see pics?
    If you went with the 1880 where did you put the back nav light so it does not take up a rod spot in center rod box? Will it fit in one of the port or starboard front storage?
    I plan on keeping this for a while, and do not want to say wish I got the next one up in 5 years, lol.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelman73 View Post
    I'm going to the KC boat show this weekend to sit down with George from Vexus and go over the 1880 and 1980. We do not have any big waters here in SW Iowa and most lakes with in a 2-hour radius, are mostly no wake or 40 mph speed limit. I just can not make my mind up between the two. A foot more and some more ponies and it's $6,800 more. Not going to being doing any tournament fishing, just weekend fishing and getting out and relaxing.

Did you go painted trailer or go aluminum frame upgrade? If you went Alum, can I see pics?
    If you went with the 1880 where did you put the back nav light so it does not take up a rod spot in center rod box? Will it fit in one of the port or starboard front storage?
    I plan on keeping this for a while, and do not want to say wish I got the next one up in 5 years, lol.
    i had your same dilemma before my purchase. My lakes here are small and don’t really need the bigger boat with the 150 hp. But, I plan on keeping the boat and hopefully travel to bigger lakes once I retire. So I went with the 1980. I have not regretted that decision yet. The larger boat rides excellent. To me the added cost / month was so small that going bigger wasn’t a big deal. Good luck. I think you will be very happy with either way you choose.

17. Member
    Thanks man, sweet looking setup. That is the color i will go with. I asked on another post, but why did you go tandem vs single?

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelman73 View Post
    Thanks man, sweet looking setup. That is the color i will go with. I asked on another post, but why did you go tandem vs single?
    I like how it tows much better with a tandem trailer. Once I retire and take some longer trips to some bigger water it will much nicer towing on longer runs. It’s was cheap insurance and peace of mind to have another wheel on each side. Plus it looks better. Lol

19. Member
    Thank you sir!! I do think the tandem looks better. I will keep you posted what I go with after I get a chance to go to the boat show this weekend.

20. Member
    Well, I have had my AVX 1980 since Late Sept and I must say this boat is still very impressive. The boat is so stable and maneuverable, it jumps up on plane quickly and being Alum it sips the gas. I have fished every weekend except 1 since I got it and some weekends I’ve fished both days. I have used just about 1 tank of gas. I have had a few of my fishing buddies ride with me for the day and they all were very impressed. In fact, My best friend who told me not to buy from a brand new boat builder has admitted he was wrong. He has told me on numerous occasion that I made a great choice. His comment was, it’s not just a nice boat, it’s a really impressive boat! It’s funny because he’s one of those guys that thinks he always knows what is best. I totally understand the fear of buying from a brand new builder but I stood on my faith that this new brand was not the same as other builders entering the market. These people have been at the top for many many years and have driven the bass boat industry to where it is today. My decision to go with VeXus was largely based on that foundation of experience. IMO, that experience was more comforting that going with “the other brand”. I’m still stoked about my choice. Thank you VeXus for having the courage and commitment to build and provide an Aluminum boat that is not like any other Aluminum boat. You guys Rock!!!!!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast