Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Went with the AVX 1980

After considerable thought and a few sleepless nights of trying to decide, the merry go round finally stopped yesterday on "buy the boat". So I went with my first gut instinct which is to get the bigger faster boat. The reasons have been debated on this site in other threads but as I said before its better to have the hp and not use it all than to need it and not have it. So I went with the 1980 in the Victor red color with the Mercury 150 ProXS. You cant really argue with the logic of, it will cruise at 45 mph easily with a full boat load of bodies and tackle all day long without working hard. Then for those times when I do a road trip to much bigger water, I have the power or speed to light it up a little bit if I want. I got the tilt steering, 80# Ultrex, 2 of the 10" HBird Helix mega units linked and mounted on brackets. Jack plate, center seat and separate coin box, will also have a hot foot throttle installed. Now I just need to relax and wait for this baby to show up.

2. Member
    Congrats on the new boat. Cant wait to see it.

3. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Welcome to the family :-)

Sounds like an excellent setup! Can't wait to see pics when she's built.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePA View Post
    Sounds like an excellent setup! Can't wait to see pics when she's built.
    Thanks. Can’t wait to start spending Time on the water with it.

6. Member
    I would have them wait on the trolling motor and get the new one coming out with the mega transducer built in, you will want it with those mega birds.

7. BBC SPONSOR
    Excellent choice! You are going to love that boat.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quikcarl61 View Post
    I would have them wait on the trolling motor and get the new one coming out with the mega transducer built in, you will want it with those mega birds.
    I can make changes to my order for the next 4 weeks. Maybe a bit longer for the trolling motor. I heard about the new one but not sure when it’s available. I’m not holding up my boat order for a trolling motor.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertdog619 View Post
    I can make changes to my order for the next 4 weeks. Maybe a bit longer for the trolling motor. I heard about the new one but not sure when it’s available. I’m not holding up my boat order for a trolling motor.
    I thought I read the MEGA TM will be available in Oct. When will the boat be done?

10. Member
    Probably about that same time. Really depends on when the Merc 150 ProXS start showing up.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertdog619 View Post
    Probably about that same time. Really depends on when the Merc 150 ProXS start showing up.
    I know a guy outfitting his Pro-V bass with one and I thought he said Oct. Originally he was told Aug.

12. Member
    I have talked to both my dealer and the Vexus rep, so they will be checking on it for me. I may just get the std TM so I can upgrade to it after. Instead of getting the std ultrex upgrade and then upgrading again.

13. Member
    I would go ahead and get the Ultrex as part of your order. You will love having it, mega or no mega built-in.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Condor482 View Post
    I would go ahead and get the Ultrex as part of your order. You will love having it, mega or no mega built-in.
    Exactly.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Condor482 View Post
    Yes, that is what I am doing.

16. Member
    I ordered the same setup as you in white, minus the jack plate. Mine should be the first one delivered to Phoenix in the next couple of weeks. I'm a little closer to you than Phoenix if you want to come look at it when it gets here.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad R View Post
    I ordered the same setup as you in white, minus the jack plate. Mine should be the first one delivered to Phoenix in the next couple of weeks. I'm a little closer to you than Phoenix if you want to come look at it when it gets here.
    Awesome, thanks. I know their stock boats should be coming in around the end of the month. So I may be flying over to take a look at them and give them some measurements for mounting the electronics on brackets. I also added a hydrowave unit so I can tell where to mount it. I can’t wait to see them in person.

18. Member
    A slight change in my order after talking with Keith who is our west coast Vexus rep. Apparently the center seat and coin box are not an easy swap out, so instead of getting both items I went with the coin box. I like the added storage it provides since I will only have a single console. Also, over time the center seat gets abused from being used as a step, so the box will fix that problem. I will carry a small throw pad cushion that a 3rd person can sit on, if needed. I also added a hydrowave unit that will be installed by the dealer.
    Last edited by Desertdog619; 07-18-2018 at 11:20 AM.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad R View Post
    When you get your boat and happen to come up to Havasu I would like to see it if you don't mind.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Basser100 View Post
    When you get your boat and happen to come up to Havasu I would like to see it if you don't mind.
    No problem. I'll let you know when I'm up that way.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast