Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
  1. Member
    Don’t know much about the new one with built in sonar. It has not been released for sale yet that I know of. I heard Oct.

2. Member
    Some progress on the boat building front. Woohoo, it won’t be long now!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. Member
    Couple more pictures of my 1980 under construction. should be be completed this week. !!!!

4. Member
    I'm excited for you brother...
    I can't wait to read all your posts once you get your rig.
    Please lots of details and pics.
    I'm one foot over the fence with trading in my ranger for a 1980.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RH1 View Post
    I'm excited for you brother...
    I can't wait to read all your posts once you get your rig.
    Please lots of details and pics.
    I'm one foot over the fence with trading in my ranger for a 1980.
    Thanks. Yeah Im getting excited now that it’s almost here. what type of Ranger do you have?

6. Member
    If you're willing to share, what price is your dealer charging for "delivery and prep" or whatever they call it.

7. Member
    I heard today that my boat is on the truck and in transit to Complete Marine dealership in Phoenix. Woohoo

Now take it down to Otay so I can have a look.

9. bayousmallie
    Congrats on it being on the way.
    Hope to get pictures of my 1980 being built.
    Been waiting a long time.
    Guess can't built to its announced.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Ray View Post
    Now take it down to Otay so I can have a look.
    Lol, so you know the area if your from Coronado. I live in Imperial Beach, born and raised, so Otay is my home lake. That is where it will be most of the time.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertdog619 View Post
    Thanks. Yeah Im getting excited now that it’s almost here. what type of Ranger do you have?
    I'm glad to,hear your boat is finally on its way, congrats!
    I have a RT188 with a 115 merc

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RH1 View Post
    I'm glad to,hear your boat is finally on its way, congrats!
    I have a RT188 with a 115 merc
    I was very very close to buying an RT198. After seeing the 1980 in person , I’m glad I waited.

I was very very close to buying an RT198. After seeing the 1980 in person , I’m glad I waited.
    Im on the fence between the two as well but having a hard time justifying the price difference

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinisterj View Post
    Im on the fence between the two as well but having a hard time justifying the price difference
    I would have no problem at all. Build out the 1980 with great graphs and so on it comes out to 36k. I don’t see a big difference between price of that vs the RP198. I certainly see a very big difference in overall attention to detail and quality. I have owned and fished out of a LOT of different boats. End result when I next buy one I won’t even look at anything else.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinisterj View Post
    Maybe look a little closer. The difference is certainly visible in the details. I guess it depends on what details are important to someone, but I think the price difference gets a lot narrower if you add the exact same items to the ranger. Bigger front deck, better front deck lid supports, painted deck lids. Bigger rod lockers and bigger storage compartments, matching console, better throttle control panel, better switch set up, better live well design, dual rod straps std, neater engine wiring into rear deck, bigger rear battery storage area, overall wider decks. SS prop std, What is not to like about those upgrades for an added $1,500????

Maybe look a little closer. The difference is certainly visible in the details. I guess it depends on what details are important to someone, but I think the price difference gets a lot narrower if you add the exact same items to the ranger. Bigger front deck, better front deck lid supports, painted deck lids. Bigger rod lockers and bigger storage compartments, matching console, better throttle control panel, better switch set up, better live well design, dual rod straps std, neater engine wiring into rear deck, bigger rear battery storage area, overall wider decks. SS prop std, What is not to like about those upgrades for an added $1,500????
    There is no doubt by looking a the two, the vexus fit and finish is better but when I build them both online with the builder adding items to the RT198 that is standard on the vexus both getting Ultrex, HDS Carbon7 on Bow, HDS Carbon 9 on Console, passenge console, coin box and trailer step.

198P - $38,996
    AVX 1980 - $42,210

$3,214 Difference

But to give the benefit of the doubt so far I have only seen an 1880 in person and am waiting to see a 1980

17. Member
    Oh, I gotcha now. I thought you were talking about stock vs stock or standard vs standard. For me, I just loved the newer design features and the fit & finish much better. So for me that difference doesn’t make it a deal breaker. In the long run, that difference in cost is peanuts IF you really love one vs the other. Because if financing, the added amt might be $10/ mo. So I just get what I really want so later on I don’t start second guessing my decision.

Regardless... without a doubt Vexus is of the nicest aluminum boats I have seen and I have looked at about all of them.

19. Member
    I would have to agree with you on that statement

20. Member
    Sitting at the dealer waiting for its new daddy to come bring her home. She's undergoing the motor swap now, since I ordered it with a Mercury ProXS, which was purchased by the dealer ahead of time. She will be ready to bring home this coming Saturday morning. Hopefully, I can get her wet on Sunday to do some engine break in and work on learning a little about the electronics and TM operation.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Desertdog619; 09-25-2018 at 10:11 PM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast