Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Well, I finally was able to see these boat in person today. Holy cow, these boats are impressive looking. I am happy with what I have ordered and so stoked to be getting one. I did make 1 small change to my order which is going with the hydraulic jack plate just for ease of adjustment.

2. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Glad you were not disappointed.

3. Member
    I looked at a 1980 and 1880 at Freedom Marine in Guntersville AL. I was very impressed with the quality of the boats.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sclark View Post
    Far from disappointed. I’m more excited than I was before.

5. Member
    The other thing that really stood out yesterday during my visit to complete marine was how many people traveled there to see the Vexus boats. I may have seen talked to about 8 other people that traveled there just to look at these boats. I think these boats are going to become a hot commodity in the next couple years. Even the sales guy that is their bass guy said he has been swamped with phone calls, inquiries and visitors wanting more info on this brand. We all know there is a wait on certain motors so I was also pleasantly surprised when the owner said he was able to get my 150 ProXS motor secured. So let’s hope he telling me the real scoop.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertdog619 View Post
    The other thing that really stood out yesterday during my visit to complete marine was how many people traveled there to see the Vexus boats. I may have seen talked to about 8 other people that traveled there just to look at these boats. I think these boats are going to become a hot commodity in the next couple years. Even the sales guy that is their bass guy said he has been swamped with phone calls, inquiries and visitors wanting more info on this brand. We all know there is a wait on certain motors so I was also pleasantly surprised when the owner said he was able to get my 150 ProXS motor secured. So let’s hope he telling me the real scoop.
    if John told you he can secure the motor consider it done.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wdr2064 View Post
    if John told you he can secure the motor consider it done.
    That’s good news to hear that about John. Those guys seem super nice so I am happy to be dealing with them. I was also told today by the Vexus rep that yes, I am very lucky to have secured 1 of the very few 150 ProXS motors. As they say, it’s better to be lucky than good. I very happy about getting that motor without the extended wait time. I guess it paid to get my order in early.
    Last edited by Desertdog619; 07-29-2018 at 05:04 PM.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sclark View Post
    I went out of my way on a business trip to stop in at Freedom Marine to look at one of these and the blasted boat had just left the lot to go to a show... just my luck. They did promise me a rest ride if I am back in the area.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue76 View Post
    I went out of my way on a business trip to stop in at Freedom Marine to look at one of these and the blasted boat had just left the lot to go to a show... just my luck. They did promise me a rest ride if I am back in the area.

Oh that must have sucked. sorry to hear that.
    The 1880 is also very impressive but just a bit smaller. I think either one will be a great fishing platform.

10. Member
    Just want to give a big shout out to John Henry at Complete Marine in Phoenix. They are the VeXus dealer I went thru to order my boat in mid July. I was just notified they have received my Mercury 150 ProXS. His relationship with Mercury allowed him to reserve me one of the very few Mercury 150 Pro XS’. THANK YOU Complete marine.

11. Member
    Just made another change to my order. Upgrading my trailer to a double axle instead of the single. Cheap insurance for the longer towing trips I want to make. Better to do it now than to wish I did it later.

12. Member
    Changed my hydraulic jack plate to a manual. I would rather just set it and forget it. I’m only getting it in case I ever want to add anchor poles so manual is the better way to go.

13. Member
    What is the cost difference?

After riding in a boat with blinker trim and jack plate, I was extremely jealous. We were way back in a cut and were able to bump the motor up and fly over a sandbar. Pretty sweet! Also, it would help dial in the setup way faster.

14. Member
    I think the difference is about $1200.

15. Member
    Is it just me or did someone slow down time just to test my patience as I wait for my 1980 to get built??? No... really? Lol. 7 weeks tomorrow and time seems to have just stopped. WTH? Hopefully only 3 more weeks to go before it gets shipped to dealer. Then a week to hang the motor and install a few other goodies.

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rmc949 View Post
    What is the cost difference?

After riding in a boat with blinker trim and jack plate, I was extremely jealous. We were way back in a cut and were able to bump the motor up and fly over a sandbar. Pretty sweet! Also, it would help dial in the setup way faster.
    Well worth every penny to have a hydraulic plate.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Huckleberry View Post
    Well worth every penny to have a hydraulic plate.
    I can’t have every option available. Lol. I don’t really even need a Jack plate where I fish but IF I ever wanted to add poles, I needed a factory installed Jack plate to keep my warranty good. So I went with the least expensive option so I could put other options on the boat. I’m already over my initial budget.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertdog619 View Post
    Is it just me or did someone slow down time just to test my patience as I wait for my 1980 to get built??? No... really? Lol. 7 weeks tomorrow and time seems to have just stopped. WTH? Hopefully only 3 more weeks to go before it gets shipped to dealer. Then a week to hang the motor and install a few other goodies.
    Dam , I thought you just ordered it 2 weeks ago .
    I know what you’re going through and I only had to wait 6 weeks ! Hang in there bud . She’ll be there soon enough

It's all good !
    2016 Ranger RT188 White
    Yamaha 115 sho
    motorguide Xi5 80 with pinpoint gps
    Lowrance elite 5 ti with total scan console
    Lowrance hook 5 bow

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trusty Rusty View Post
    Dam , I thought you just ordered it 2 weeks ago .
    I know what you’re going through and I only had to wait 6 weeks ! Hang in there bud . She’ll be there soon enough
    Yeah now that I’m past the half way point it seems like time as slowed down. I know I’m coming to the home stretch and most likely looking at the end of Sept before I get it in my driveway. Just getting itchy to get it. Lol

20. Member
    Is the new Mega tm just a down image built in sonar?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast