Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Minn KotaŽ Launches New Trolling Motors with Built-In MEGA Down Imaging

I am very interested in this product. It appears that the built in transducer will give you Mega down Imaging. How do you get the Mega Side Imaging if you have a Humminbird that has Side Imaging?

Quote Originally Posted by Rodster14 View Post
    I am very interested in this product. It appears that the built in transducer will give you Mega down Imaging. How do you get the Mega Side Imaging if you have a Humminbird that has Side Imaging?
    Same old way ! Maybe thats next...

3. Banned
    you would have to mount the supplied transducer or use a 360 for si

4. Member
    With the way MK has been treating customers with the spoon-feeding, I expect it'll be another 6-8 months before we see SI, just about the time everyone has the DI version bought and paid for.
    Need a new bow step pad for your boat? Do what I did!
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=712307

Are your boat seats trashed? Fix them yourself and save $1000!
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=754944

5. Member
    So pretty much, we would be off the dirt road and onto the backroads, but not on the freeway...

6. Member
    I’d rather have the transducer separate. Having the di built in is no selling point for me
    Nitro z21

7. Joe4d
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonG View Post
    I’d rather have the transducer separate. Having the di built in is no selling point for me
    Yep, the Mega makes the built in obsolete and just adds unnescessary cost to the TM,, or at least do like the other lines and offer it with and without.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe4d View Post
    Yep, the Mega makes the built in obsolete and just adds unnescessary cost to the TM,, or at least do like the other lines and offer it with and without.
    The appeal will be to those that use electric-steer-only motors that want DI on the trolling motor and not have to deal with cable management. Terrova, Ulterra, Power Drive.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

9. Banned
    people like me who have an si unit but are running the new di transducer. had i known it was coming i would have waited, but I still have the freedom on putting my SI transducer back on if i want. They are also promising no interference with the built in transducer. id actually still like a ultrex with no built in transducer.

I wonder if we can replace the original transducer with the new DI?

11. Banned
    sure would be nice

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Larry View Post
    I wonder if we can replace the original transducer with the new DI?
    From pictures of both, it looks like that is a possibility. Compare the nose cones.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Looks like only 3 screws hold it in the housing.....I cannot believe they would build a new transducer that would not fit the existing housing, as they would have to tool up to build a housing to fit it. I'll bet John has replaced a transducer on one of these.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    The appeal will be to those that use electric-steer-only motors that want DI on the trolling motor and not have to deal with cable management. Terrova, Ulterra, Power Drive.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
    people like me who have an si unit but are running the new di transducer. had i known it was coming i would have waited, but I still have the freedom on putting my SI transducer back on if i want. They are also promising no interference with the built in transducer. id actually still like a ultrex with no built in transducer.

I would also prefer they offered the Ultrex without any built in transducer. I use Lowrance equipment and use an HDI transducer for 2d and downscan.

Ive had a Terrova, a Fortrex and now an Ultrex and the US2 on the Ultrex is useless to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowerider58 View Post
    I would also prefer they offered the Ultrex without any built in transducer. I use Lowrance equipment and use an HDI transducer for 2d and downscan.

Ive had a Terrova, a Fortrex and now an Ultrex and the US2 on the Ultrex is useless to me.
    Same here. I hate it. I just used an external puck. The US2 sucks

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

17. Member
    Anther thing that I was told wasn’t really possible but my ultrex us2 temp was off by 13*. Installed the trolling motor di transducer and now my temp is accurate. My us2 in the past worked better on my lowrance units than my birds which is odd
    Nitro z21

18. Member
    Any idea of the cost increase?

19. Member
    Heard 300
    Nitro z21

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Larry View Post
    Looks like only 3 screws hold it in the housing.....I cannot believe they would build a new transducer that would not fit the existing housing, as they would have to tool up to build a housing to fit it. I'll bet John has replaced a transducer on one of these.
    From what I'm told. Not retro. Control board is different for interference purpose.
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast