Thread: 2000 TR19

Kansas Bass Club Moderator

2000 TR19

What can you tell me about this boat? Going to look at one next week. From the photos and talking to the guy it sounds like it’s in really nice shape. Has some very nice upgrades in reference to the TM and graphs.

Whats the length and width of this boat? I’m guessing they are fairly narrow up front but I’m used to that after having an older Pantera II. Will this boat be fairly stable to fish from? It has a 150 merc EFI so I know its not going to be a speed demon but 50-55 is fine. Is that realistic?

I see some tr19s are rated for 200s I believe this one is rated for a 175. Were later years of this model rated for more HP?

2. Member
    I have a 2001 TR19 and it is rated for 200HP and I have a 200HP Yamaha VMAX on it. And my boat is 19'6" long by 8'6" wide not sure if 2000s were the same.

3. Member
    Seems to me that the early TR19s were 18'9" long (my memory might me off ). My 2000 TR20 is 19'9" long and I'm thinking that there was a 1' difference in the models then. It should perform decent with the 150 and might hit 60 mph if set up right. I'm not sure about the stability as I think mine isn't very stable but I think that depends on what you are used to. Overall I think it's a good platform.

Jeff Clark
    Bassman469

4. Member
    I had a 99 TR19 that I bought to flip. It had a 1995 150 XRI on it and would get on up into the 60's pretty good with a 25P trophy. Good performing boat in my opinion, and yes only rated for 175. I believe in 2001 is when that changed.

5. Member
    I bought my TR19 new and still have the 2001 catalog so I went back and confirmed specs. 2001 was the year they did a redesign and the 19'6" length is correct. I believe Bassman469 was also correct that before 2001 the TR19 was 18'9". I was incorrect on the width, instead of 8'6" it is 93" (7'9") which makes sense since I am pretty sure in those years 8'0" was the max towable width by law.
    So H20_Fowl I think your answer on size is 18'9" length and 7'9" (93"0) wide.
    I mostly fish alone but occasionally have someone else along, I do not fish tournaments, and I found my TR19 to be a fine, stable fishing platform.

I have a 2000 TR19. Its rated for max of 175. 67 MPH without power poles, 65MPH with. I would guess a 150 HP to do upper 50's without a heavy load... It's pretty stable unless you get a partner that weighs 300+. The hull is more for speed and pretty rough riding if you get anything over 2' rollers. I've had mine for 10 years and it's served me just fine but I mainly fish on 500 acres or less... If the trailer still has the original single leaf spring, plan on replacing it IMMEDIATELY. They had a recall and are prone to breaking. I know a few guys that it happened to and it's not pretty.

7. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    Do you think that they would still honor the recall if it is still the same single leaf springs?

8. Member
    The paperwork from Triton on my 99 TR19 shows 18'11". Mine is rated for a 175 but has a 150 on it. It will run 61 in this current heat and humidity with a 25p Yamaha Pro Series but I think with a little prop and setup work I could squeeze a couple more out of it.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by H2O_Fowl View Post
    Do you think that they would still honor the recall if it is still the same single leaf springs?
    Mine was an MFI trailer and I replaced the single leaf spring packs with multi leaf from an online trailer parts supplier. It wasn't too bad a job or money. Around $200 for everything on a tandem axle. I don't know if MFI is even in business any more??
    1998 Tr-21, 2001 Yamaha 225 OX66

10. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    This trailer hasn’t been pulled down the road except twice a year to and from the ramp. Doesn’t have a rock chip on it and all the original stickers are still on the trailer. The boat sat on a lift covered from spring until fall.

Who would ever think that one leaf spring was a good idea?

11. Member
    I have a 2000 TR-19 with a 150xr6 (175hp rated) 3 blade prop and its 19'6" and 7'9". I can get 61mph with light load, but i don't try to get it there often because i have to lift the jack plate up high in order get past 57-58mph. I have a para lift jack plate on it and it will get loose when it is over trimmed too high, but it will break 60 none the less. It's very stable for me and my two young teenagers. Plenty of room on the front deck for two, but its not anywhere near a nitro in terms of real estate up there. Most of my friends have 19'-20' bullets so that would be the only boats i could compare the stability to and it's seems much more solid and stable compared to them, except for the new bullet SST which is much different to any other bullet i have fished in.

I have a new trailer now but the single leaf never gave me any problems and the place i fish alot has a rough as hell 10mile dirt road to get there. My trailer ended up rusting out at the back cross member because i fish the somewhat salty St. Johns often.

12. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    Got the boat home tonight. Ran it and i couldn’t get it over 50 mph. It has old gas, plugs, and trophy 23p prop which isn’t in great shape but not horrible. It has a lot of lime deposit due to being on a lift. I couldn’t get it to get that light loose feeling like I thought it would get. I suppose once I do some maintenance it might gain a couple mph and it was also 98 degrees and humid.

seems like a stable boat. Front deck isn’t huge but it’s doable. Rode really nice through some wake boat rollers. Handled really nice too. It has the minnkota spot lock trolling motor and I don’t think I’m going to be a huge fan of how it deploys and stows. For a smaller, narrow boat it does have quite a bit of storage.

Quote Originally Posted by H2O_Fowl View Post
    Got the boat home tonight. Ran it and i couldn’t get it over 50 mph. It has old gas, plugs, and trophy 23p prop which isn’t in great shape but not horrible. It has a lot of lime deposit due to being on a lift. I couldn’t get it to get that light loose feeling like I thought it would get. I suppose once I do some maintenance it might gain a couple mph and it was also 98 degrees and humid.

seems like a stable boat. Front deck isn’t huge but it’s doable. Rode really nice through some wake boat rollers. Handled really nice too. It has the minnkota spot lock trolling motor and I don’t think I’m going to be a huge fan of how it deploys and stows. For a smaller, narrow boat it does have quite a bit of storage.
    I assume you kept raising the trim until it wouldn't go anymore??

14. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    Yes. One problem is the engine is 4.5 inches below pad. Going to raise it to 3.25 and go from there.

15. Member
    You should have drained all the old gas out of the boat before running it. Now you will probably have gas trouble from the ethanol gas.

16. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by mdtritn21 View Post
    You should have drained all the old gas out of the boat before running it. Now you will probably have gas trouble from the ethanol gas.
    It will be fine. I’ve let my Harley’s sit for a year with just stabil and never had a single issue.

17. Member
    I have a 2001 TR 19 with a 2001 Yamaha 200 HPDI. My specs show 19 foot 6 inch. I've had the boat just over a year now. Only problem I have right now is the console dash plate has separated from the console. All the plastic holes have broken. I fish the Upper Chesapeake Bay and Potomac River. Some days are pretty rough out there and with the age of the boat the screws broke through. Now I have to some how fix this issue or get a new console.

http://boatspecs.iboats.com/Triton_-...1/bp/66b104443

Top end is 65 mph on my GPS.
    Jim
    <*)))))))><{