Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pfisher View Post
    I went out with a guy last week that had two new garmins and they still haven't done anything about Di and Si. It's no better than when I had them a couple of years ago. I went from Garmin to Lowrance to Humminbird and Garmin is by far the worst of the bunch.

I will be trying the new panoptix but they really need to get moving on what most folks use.
    I don't see it. My 2 cents on where to spend the R & D money would be leave side and down imaging as is and update the Panoptix PS30 to LiveScope performance and eliminate the dead area at the top of the water column. Yesterday reminded me of the limited usefullness of side imaging. I had the range set to about 100 ft and it was showing baitfish everywhere. Then I used LiveScope and the PS22 in the same area and instantly saw what was going on. Tons of bait but all of it from 0-20 ft deep. The side imaging showed it out to 100 ft but it couldn't tell me that it was all shallow. I had to use Panoptix to tell that.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

2. Member
    I had the range set to about 100 ft and it was showing baitfish everywhere. Then I used LiveScope and the PS22 in the same area and instantly saw what was going on.
    LWinchester2

I noticed in one of the videos recently posted, that the angler utilized both units on his front deck.

Could you expand on your use of the LiveScope and the PS22 together?

Curious if you are just experimenting or are you still using the PS22 for faster target location acquisition and then using the LiveScope for target clarity.

3. Member
    I'm not ready to say much about using the two together. I first though that it would be a slam dunk to show both on the same screen one over the other for comparison. But the amount of screen space allowed for each one doesn't seem to do justice to either of them. The targets are bigger and easier to see on the PS22.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

4. Member
    I'm not ready to say much about using the two together.
    No hurry.

It can wait.

I was just curious.

Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12