Fuel Leak/Continuous Engine Alarm - 2012 Pro XS 150 - SN (1B884799)

Finally got to the right forum.

Good evening, all. I haven’t had an opportunity to get my Basscat Margay out in a hot minute. I went out to the ramp Friday, I attempted to start the motor and noticed almost immediately fuel leaking from the seam of the cowl. I pulled the boat out of the water , popped the cowl off and notice the fuel leaking from the top of the fitting & fuel line. I was able to push the fuel line (believe it’s the connection to the on-engine reservoir) and the leak stopped. Thinking I had resolved the issue, I put the boat back in the water, cranked the engine, didn’t notice any leaks, let it idle for around 5 minutes. Shortly thereafter, the engine alarm went off (continuous.) Best I can recall, the engine was “peeing.” So I pulled it back out again, i notice the same issue with the fuel line raised up from the fitting. At this point, i believe i need a new clamp for the fuel line. Is it possible, that the fuel pressure caused the continuous alarm?

Of note and perhaps even more relevant, earlier this year I replaced my cranking battery, that was also the first time in the water since it was replaced. Any concern with this being part of the problem. I have not had any issues with the motor the last time it was utilized.

2012 Bass Cat Margay / 150hp ProXS

2. Member
    will need fault scan to determine exactly what caused alarm
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JOE54 View Post
    will need fault scan to determine exactly what caused alarm
    +1. I can assure you the battery is not causing the leak in your first picture. That hose looks pinched above the clamp, see the green circle.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

4. Member
    Thank you for the feedback, my apology if I wasn’t clear, I was curious if the new battery had anything to do with the continuous alarm, I recognize it has 0 to do with the fuel leak.
    2012 Bass Cat Margay / 150hp ProXS

5. Member
    Need to fix the fuel leak first then do as Joe recommended - WARNING HORN "BEEPED"
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax