good sound system ?

Wanting to get a good sound system without breaking the bank what have yall got . speakers, amp, tuner looking to mount a speaker under each console in a 21 xdc may be 2 .

I’m cheap and won’t drill or cut any extra holes in my boat than necessary, so I just have a JBL Charge 3 Bluetooth speaker I keep under the driver side console of my RDC. Plenty loud enough for fishing, 20 hour run time, and it actually can connect to another one if I chose to put one under the other console......

I’m sure others will chime in with their booming systems lol

No tunes for me .... I like hearing the fish in the livewell
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

4. Member
    In years past I have seen some Bullets that have some really good looking set ups.. One radio I remember was mounted in the console. It looked just like a MPH or tach gauge.
    2005 21XD W/ 2005 MERC 250XS BULLET TOTAL PERFORMANCE BOAT!!

I think jl audio makes the head unit that mounts in the console in a round hole. Could be jbl but i think its jl. I have one on my barge and it has the remote panels you can mount anywhere to control volume. I have one on the back for sandbar usage. Surely you have a spare hole where that useless speedo or flasher is now.

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

6. Member
    These days I wouldn’t mess with a head unit. Get a Bluetooth setup that will feed into an amp and go from there. I’ve had both wet sounds and jl audio in my Boats. To me the jl is superior
    SUSHII
    21XRS/SHO

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crank68 View Post
    No tunes for me .... I like hearing the fish in the livewell
    Lol lol.....i'm with you!!!!

8. Member
    Clarion by far best bang for the buck. Was told this by marine mechanic and electrician. Got the radio/bluetooth unit along with Clarion speakers. Nice selection. Below is a link to the stereo.

https://www.ecmarinesupply.com/produ...12324823728208

open lake is QUIET Zone buy a walknam with head set

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Clarion by far best bang for the buck. Was told this by marine mechanic and electrician. Got the radio/bluetooth unit along with Clarion speakers. Nice selection. Below is a link to the stereo.

https://www.ecmarinesupply.com/produ...12324823728208
    What speakers did you get , amp. ?

I did this install a few years back on my 21XDC. I did not want to cut a hole for or deal with a head unit. The speedo replacement unit looked good, but at that time no line output for an amp and not much power. I also did not want to cut holes for speakers so this is what I ended up with. Figured I had plenty of music on the Ipod / cell phone / portable radio so just an input to an amp was needed.

This is the port console with the connection points installed.

Same connectors with cover removed.
    Switch on bottom is for amp. I use the headphone connection for audio and the USB is for charging.

View under port console. Did not want to cut holes for speakers so some Bose 101 outdoor speakers I had on hand got mounted. Got a JBL Marine amp (60w rms per channel I think) and I am very pleased with how it turned out. I do appreciate high volume (in the right setting) and even on the front deck a musical Bop does not sound like a Blup. I have the same speaker under the driver console and never a problem with it being in the way.
    Attached Images Attached Images

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kimclark View Post
    What speakers did you get , amp. ?
    Ordered these and waiting on new box. Using my buddies 8" speakers now, which work great. No amp. The marine mechanic said if I get a subwoofer to get one.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Islands View Post
    I did this install a few years back on my 21XDC. I did not want to cut a hole for or deal with a head unit. The speedo replacement unit looked good, but at that time no line output for an amp and not much power. I also did not want to cut holes for speakers so this is what I ended up with. Figured I had plenty of music on the Ipod / cell phone / portable radio so just an input to an amp was needed.

This is the port console with the connection points installed.

Same connectors with cover removed.
    Switch on bottom is for amp. I use the headphone connection for audio and the USB is for charging.

View under port console. Did not want to cut holes for speakers so some Bose 101 outdoor speakers I had on hand got mounted. Got a JBL Marine amp (60w rms per channel I think) and I am very pleased with how it turned out. I do appreciate high volume (in the right setting) and even on the front deck a musical Bop does not sound like a Blup. I have the same speaker under the driver console and never a problem with it being in the way.
    Ya, I put my speaker box under the console. Plenty of room and still sounds fine. No issues.