TowTector Follow Up Review

Purchased model (Tier 3 Extreme Duty Dual Brush Strip). 8 days in MN. on sand and gravel roads towing a 519. Installed per manufactures specs 3-4” off grade with a realistic load. Product preformed as advertised and the overall quality is top notch. No noticeable rock chips after detailing and only a couple of pebbles on the back deck. Looking to protect your rig from gravel or road hazards highly recommend. Also purchased the wall bracket for storage.

2. Member
    Looks like that would do the job!

3. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    Thanks for the review. I tow on a lot of backroads and have been looking at the options.

Dale Sinclair original

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by local16 View Post
    Thanks for the review. I tow on a lot of backroads and have been looking at the options.
    Your welcome. I forgot to mention, I had to purchase a longer hitch 12” for bumper clearance. They sell them on their site also. Picked one up at a local Farm+Fleet.

5. Banned
    I have one of the ones with plastic strips hanging down; with no ability to adjust the height. It left a bit of a gap between the bottom of the bumper (2014 Sierra) and the top of the rock guard, and I would get rocks and pebbles in the deck. I modified it to sit higher and it works good now. Something to keep in mind for future buyers.
    The one in the picture above looks like it's just barely high enough, and will do the job.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WjColdWater View Post
    Your welcome. I forgot to mention, I had to purchase a longer hitch 12” for bumper clearance. They sell them on their site also. Picked one up at a local Farm+Fleet.
    Looks good. I had to as well. As I said in a previous post, the TT works OK but if I had it to do over again, I think I would go Rock Tamers. The TT is a PITA when hooking up safety chains but it does protect across the back of the vehicle. I've used mine for the now the second season and its starting to flare out and swept back on the ends. I don't have any issues with rocks in the boat.
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke