Thread: Motor not peeng

Motor not peeng

Ok, I have a 175 Suzuki 2 stroke. Has not run for awhile. Finally got it running on the muffs and it will not pee. I ran it about a minute but nothing. I was scared to run it any more because it wasn’t peeing. I have new muffs and good water pressure on the hose. Should I run it longer or check the impeller? I did make sure the hole is open and not clogged up. Any help? Thanks ><> del
    A generous man will prosper; He who refreshes others will himself be refreshed. Proverbs 11:25

A new impeller is probably needed. What method did you use to make sure the tell-tale hole was not plugged?
    Sam Dunaway
    2005 Triton TR-21X
    Powered by Suzuki 250SS

I took a piece of wire and stuck it into the hole about 3 inches or so.
    A generous man will prosper; He who refreshes others will himself be refreshed. Proverbs 11:25

Yeh... sounds like you probably need a new water pump impeller.
    Sam Dunaway
    2005 Triton TR-21X
    Powered by Suzuki 250SS

5. Member
    Another trick to try is take the cowl off and remove the water hose from the tell-tale hole and verify that it's clear. From my experience with the DT200, sometimes that hose would get clogged or it required cleaning the tell tale hole from the other side. Another way to check if your impeller is bad or not is to remove a water hose from the block and see if there's water there or not (engine off).
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.

Quote Originally Posted by booter View Post
    Another trick to try is take the cowl off and remove the water hose from the tell-tale hole and verify that it's clear. From my experience with the DT200, sometimes that hose would get clogged or it required cleaning the tell tale hole from the other side. Another way to check if your impeller is bad or not is to remove a water hose from the block and see if there's water there or not (engine off).
    Agreed
    Sam Dunaway
    2005 Triton TR-21X